Technology wi-fi pda under $200?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any pda w/ built-in wi-fi that's under $200? I'm open to palm or pocket pc. it should have SD card read/write features.... I read awhile back that certain pda's could read from an SD card but the i/o feature wasn't fully funcitonal so you couldn't write stuff to it (not sure what exactly what they were referring to). thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yogi Bear said:
Are there any pda w/ built-in wi-fi that's under $200? I'm open to palm or pocket pc. it should have SD card read/write features.... I read awhile back that certain pda's could read from an SD card but the i/o feature wasn't fully funcitonal so you couldn't write stuff to it (not sure what exactly what they were referring to). thanks.
Built-in? No...the cheapest ones are probably the Sony TJ37 ($240ish) or the Axim X3i (same).

You could get a Wi-Fi card for under $50, and a CF compatible PDA for under $150. It's a little bulky, but it would get the job done.

As soon as the X3s and X30s start being sold at the Dell Outlet I think they will be around 200. I had one of these external cards and hated it, because it was this big thing sticking out. So I'd wait for something with built-in Wi-Fi.

leo

Members don't see this ad :)
lf777 said:
As soon as the X3s and X30s start being sold at the Dell Outlet I think they will be around 200. I had one of these external cards and hated it, because it was this big thing sticking out. So I'd wait for something with built-in Wi-Fi.

leo
What is this Dell Outlet you speak of? I plan on getting an Axim X30 pretty soon, but if Dell's gonna cut prices, well... :thumbup:

Thanks.

Hi

Dell has this area where they sell their refurbished stuff. I bought one Axim X5 there and I remember it was dirt cheap, and it never gave me any trouble. Some people never get refurbished, but I had a good experience there...

Leo