Technology wi-fi pda under $200?

Started by Yogi Bear
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any pda w/ built-in wi-fi that's under $200? I'm open to palm or pocket pc. it should have SD card read/write features.... I read awhile back that certain pda's could read from an SD card but the i/o feature wasn't fully funcitonal so you couldn't write stuff to it (not sure what exactly what they were referring to). thanks.
 
Yogi Bear said:
Are there any pda w/ built-in wi-fi that's under $200? I'm open to palm or pocket pc. it should have SD card read/write features.... I read awhile back that certain pda's could read from an SD card but the i/o feature wasn't fully funcitonal so you couldn't write stuff to it (not sure what exactly what they were referring to). thanks.
Built-in? No...the cheapest ones are probably the Sony TJ37 ($240ish) or the Axim X3i (same).

You could get a Wi-Fi card for under $50, and a CF compatible PDA for under $150. It's a little bulky, but it would get the job done.
 
As soon as the X3s and X30s start being sold at the Dell Outlet I think they will be around 200. I had one of these external cards and hated it, because it was this big thing sticking out. So I'd wait for something with built-in Wi-Fi.

leo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lf777 said:
As soon as the X3s and X30s start being sold at the Dell Outlet I think they will be around 200. I had one of these external cards and hated it, because it was this big thing sticking out. So I'd wait for something with built-in Wi-Fi.

leo
What is this Dell Outlet you speak of? I plan on getting an Axim X30 pretty soon, but if Dell's gonna cut prices, well... 👍

Thanks.
 
Hi

Dell has this area where they sell their refurbished stuff. I bought one Axim X5 there and I remember it was dirt cheap, and it never gave me any trouble. Some people never get refurbished, but I had a good experience there...

Leo