Widener, Temple, Lynchburg, Duquesne?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

split6kik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel I am getting shunned from these programs! Anyone out there who has heard from any help me out please.

Zero response from temple or duquesne, I believe I got a letter from widener & l-burg saying my app. was received, but still nothing. I am not too concerned since Ive gotten into some of my higher-ranked schools, but its still nice to know I didnt just waste my money applying to them. I got into my dream school but it is $$$$$ so I would like to be able to consider my options even though Id love to go to my #1.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel I am getting shunned from these programs! Anyone out there who has heard from any help me out please.

Zero response from temple or duquesne, I believe I got a letter from widener & l-burg saying my app. was received, but still nothing. I am not too concerned since Ive gotten into some of my higher-ranked schools, but its still nice to know I didnt just waste my money applying to them. I got into my dream school but it is $$$$$ so I would like to be able to consider my options even though Id love to go to my #1.

Thoughts?
what dream school is that? i applied to temple and widener and they arent exactly cheap.

I applied to Widener and Temple. I got a letter from Widener a while back saying they received my application, I called them last month and all they could tell me was that it was being reviewed, still havent heard from them.
Temple emailed me in December and invited me to interview on 1/21/11. At the interview Dr. Carp told us they would let us know within 2-3 weeks whether we were accepted/rejected/waitlisted via email and a letter in the mail. It has been 3 1/2 weeks, and they have sent me nothing. I called the office yesterday and the lady I spoke to just kept saying that they received a lot of applications and are reviewing them...so I don't understand why Dr Carp said they would let us ALL know... but I do know someone who went to the same interview day as I did and got accepted via email and mail last week. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Muscles: MGH in Boston, set tuition is ~105k for the 3 years, plus living in Bo$ton. Only cushion is the year long paid internship at the end. I know, they are expensive too. Unfortunately, Im from MD. UM-Baltimore is way too concerned about GPA for me to get into, and UMES is not where I want to be. So I cant be with any of these people who say they got into their state school & will only be 50k in debt. Im looking at 75 or above wherever I go. :scared:\

Thanks for the help szer. Ive been considering calling these schools but I figure since I love MGH & they all are expensive I may as well go there, especially since they had the courtesy to actually review my app and get back to me. Im sure I will get the same response "we have so many apps & and are reviewing as much as possible to let you know asap" In my opinion, Boston is way better than Philly, and anywhere is nicer than Temples sketchy campus.

Muscles: MGH in Boston, set tuition is ~105k for the 3 years, plus living in Bo$ton. Only cushion is the year long paid internship at the end. I know, they are expensive too. Unfortunately, Im from MD. UM-Baltimore is way too concerned about GPA for me to get into, and UMES is not where I want to be. So I cant be with any of these people who say they got into their state school & will only be 50k in debt. Im looking at 75 or above wherever I go. :scared:\

Thanks for the help szer. Ive been considering calling these schools but I figure since I love MGH & they all are expensive I may as well go there, especially since they had the courtesy to actually review my app and get back to me. Im sure I will get the same response "we have so many apps & and are reviewing as much as possible to let you know asap" In my opinion, Boston is way better than Philly, and anywhere is nicer than Temples sketchy campus.
boston is not better than philly. its WAY more expensive and its so small.

im at jefferson...right in center city, philly. awesome atmosphere.

Widener sent out letters yesterday, so hopefully everyone will hear soon! I called the office today and they were able to tell me I had been accepted so if you can't wait for the letter, definitely give them a call.

I would def. recommend Widener, I had two professors graduate from there and they both passed first time taking the Liscense exam. They also said prof. were always available and held study sessions. Very good school, good luck.

Does anyone else have any information on Widener's program?

I applied to Duquesne as a long-shot. They have an undergrad-to grad 3+3 program that really leaves about 5 seats (maybe less) for "outsiders"...

I heard back from them in.... Maybe the end of December? I got a letter saying something to the affect of "Due to attendence restraints we cannot offer you a seat, but because of your academic excellence we would like to offer you a spot on our waiting list."

I declined because I was accepted into my other two choices.

Last edited:
Is anyone attending Widener in the fall?

Does anyone have any thoughts on deciding between Temple and Widener?

both are good programs, widener has a higher pass rate on the exam, i think they both cost around the same also....if you want to be in the city then go to temple, if not, then go to widener....its as easy as that lol