Quantcast

Wieder's Pocket Guide to Urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone else ordered/used this book? How long did it take to get to you?

Do any residents/attendings have opinions on if the book is good or not? I've seen residents at my school using it.

RapidReview

PGY-4
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a great resource - I used it as a med student and that's the book most of the residents carried. The website seems a little weird, but it's legit. Takes about a week to ship. Are you Army HPSP?

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not. I had originally interviewed at and wanted to attend USUHS, thus the name.

Probably still have a future in the military eventually.

bobbyseal

Boat boy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Weider got me through the in service exam and the written boards. Definitely get it. It's extremely condensed, but every word in it is important to know.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a discussion with my old residents who are graduating this year and agree Weider was KEY for the written boards!!!!

DoctwoB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a discussion with my old residents who are graduating this year and agree Weider was KEY for the written boards!!!!

Is it written to a level where it would be useful to a subI or does it assume too much basic knowledge?

porktaco

Reaction score
Is it written to a level where it would be useful to a subI or does it assume too much basic knowledge?

Perfect for a sub-internship, especially when you're rotating in clinic with attendings you're trying to impress. I sneaked a peek at certain pages routinely between clinic rooms.