Wieder's Pocket Guide to Urology

Discussion in 'Urology' started by armybound, Jun 30, 2012.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. armybound

armybound future urologist. Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Uranus
    Physician
    Has anyone else ordered/used this book? How long did it take to get to you?

Do any residents/attendings have opinions on if the book is good or not? I've seen residents at my school using it.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RapidReview

RapidReview PGY-4 5+ Year Member

Jan 10, 2010
    It's a great resource - I used it as a med student and that's the book most of the residents carried. The website seems a little weird, but it's legit. Takes about a week to ship. Are you Army HPSP?

4. armybound

armybound future urologist. Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Uranus
    Physician
    I am not. I had originally interviewed at and wanted to attend USUHS, thus the name.

Probably still have a future in the military eventually.

5. bobbyseal

bobbyseal Boat boy 10+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Weider got me through the in service exam and the written boards. Definitely get it. It's extremely condensed, but every word in it is important to know.

6. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY 10+ Year Member

Oct 25, 1999
    NW Indiana
    Just had a discussion with my old residents who are graduating this year and agree Weider was KEY for the written boards!!!!

7. DoctwoB

DoctwoB 7+ Year Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Is it written to a level where it would be useful to a subI or does it assume too much basic knowledge?

8. porktaco

porktaco

Oct 1, 2012
    Perfect for a sub-internship, especially when you're rotating in clinic with attendings you're trying to impress. I sneaked a peek at certain pages routinely between clinic rooms.