Wilderness Medicine- Big Sky 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tenfootsilence

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to this conference or has anyone been in the past? It is February 10-14 next year. It seems like a great location, I have never been. Also- does this go towards credit for WMS? I know it is a different society, but did not know if they worked together in any capacity. I just signed up

If you do sign up, use this code in the "Ambassador" Section to get $100 off: JASON5236

Members don't see this ad.

I went to the summer one twice, about 10 years ago. I remember feeling like "these are my people" when I saw everyone in their hiking clothes/boots. Maybe it's changed now, but they used to end the conference for the day around noon so everyone could go out and play. Big Sky is beautiful, and nearby Bozeman was a cool town. I hear Bozeman has grown a lot, though, so I don't know if that's still true. I also made a mad dash over to Yellowstone one afternoon/evening to check out what I could before it got too dark. I have no idea how much has changed in terms of speakers, but the ones they had when I was there were great. The lectures were educational, but on very fun topics.

Whether you get FAWM credit depends on whether they spent a few hundred dollars registering the conference with WMS for credit. It does not seem like they have based on their website and the WMS list of approved activities. They offer their AWEP Certification, maybe they view the FAWM as a business competitor?