Will a 17 in Bio hurt my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seenary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my lowest score was a 17 in Bio (21 Chem, 21 Pat, 18RC). Will that hurt my chances of getting in (cGPA 3.33)

Are Canadian DAT scores given equal consideration to American DATs in the admission commitee's eye?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

So my lowest score was a 17 in Bio (21 Chem, 21 Pat, 18RC). Will that hurt my chances of getting in (cGPA 3.33)

Are Canadian DAT scores given equal consideration to American DATs in the admission commitee's eye?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it will kill your application esp. with the higher scores in the other section of the DAT, but then again schools may favor someone with a more well rounded DAT over yours. I have no clue about the Canadian DAT vs US version though...

Yeh I agree that a well rounded score will be benficial. However, is it worth risking writing the DAT again just to improve score on one section? I am afraid of studying my butt off and getting worse than a 17 on one section and all of my efforts would be out the window

with a cGPA of 3.3 and the Canadian DAT, I don't know what kind of shape you're in, but I heard the Bio DAT on the Canadian DAT is hard... Is the 3.3 from a Canadian school too?

Call some schools up

Members don't see this ad :)
yes my GPA of 3.33 is from a canadian school also...I applied late to several schools for the entering class of 2009 and have yet to be granted an interview...my DAT scores were received mid december so i think thats partly why I havent heard from them....my dilemma is whether to write or rewrite the american dat again (which would be for my 3rd time)

Yes as I mentioned in my previous post that I have taken the American DAT twice already once as a practice run and another time I scored:

PA: 22
QR: 18
RC: 14 (ouch)
BIO: 18
GC: 19
Orgo: 18
TA: 18
AA: 17

Deep down inside I really want to do a rewrite....feel like I have some unfinished business......but should is the risk worth it? with the scores I currently have on canadian dat.

Definitely retake!!! A 17 in bio is bad! Schools told me that prevented me dr getting interviews last yr. With ur gps u need at least a20. I was worried I'd bring my other science scores down but they all went up 3-5 points. Good luck

a retake would mean this would be my 3rd time writin the American DAT. is that a problem?

Any other opinions on what the admissions com. would think of a 17 in Bio?

Sucks cause 17 bio and 21 chm = 19TS (which is 86 percentile!!!)