will I get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vhinrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have cum GPA of 2.7 and sci GPA of 2.5. I'm taking MCAT's in couple weeks and I think I'll get some where around mid 20's. Do you think I have chance of getting into any pod school? I think that I don't stand a chance and if not, what do you guys think I should do next? Do any pod school have a master program that gurantees admission in next cycle, fall 2010? Will early application help me any?

Members don't see this ad.

I have cum GPA of 2.7 and sci GPA of 2.5. I'm taking MCAT's in couple weeks and I think I'll get some where around mid 20's. Do you think I have chance of getting into any pod school? I think that I don't stand a chance and if not, what do you guys think I should do next? Do any pod school have a master program that gurantees admission in next cycle, fall 2010? Will early application help me any?

I think, first off, that a lot of posters here will tell you this. DON'T APPLY TO PODIATRY SCHOOL BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET INTO DENTAL SCHOOL. You will probably hate every second of every day.

People can tell you what would be a logical next step if you didn't get accepted, but it's YOUR life. Do you really want to help people and work on their oral health? There are other options out there that can pay well.

There are more highly qualified applicants in the podiatry pool than ever before. I want to say that the average GPA is 3.3?!?! (Right, guys?) I would think that if you show an upward trend of grades and rock the MCAT, (high 20's), that you would have a greater chance at the schools. Although, each school has different admission standards.

You may gain admittance, but be sure that this is what you want.

i would be very surprised if you got admitted to any school, and even if you did i would be wary the school accepted you just for the easy money

PS how did your GPA go from a " I have 3.6 overall, 3.7 sci GPA." to a 2.5 and a 2.7

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Entire post for reference: vhinrich(06-01-2008, 05:17 PM):"I have 3.6 overall, 3.7 sci GPA. I'm planning on taking DATs next month. I'm not confident that I'll do any better than 17 or 18 overall. It's long story but I won't have enough time to study for DATs b/c of cancer treatments of a family member. I took a practice exam and scored a 14. Let's say I got 16 on DATs, would I be able to get into any dental schools? I know my GPA is descent but if my DAT scores are low, I'm afraid they'll reject me? What do you think? Any suggestions?"

damn, DPMstudent FTW :cool:

Look vhinrich....aside from your mccain-esque flip/flops (muahahah jk) ....

you will get in somewhere with a high enough mcat score --as we all know it is the "great equalizer"....so if even if your GPA is very low...a great MCAT score can offset it...

but you must know it is what you want to do...I am applying next year and although I have a low GPA....I am as sure as can be- that I want to be a Podiatric Physician....and I am willing to sacrifice a lot of money, time and energy toward my career as one....

go shadow a few Podiatrists...try younger Podiatrists (no offense to any elders if they read/post on these forums)...the younger Pods tend to more accurately represent the type of training and practices that you will engage in...

If you aren't sure, please don't apply....I don't want to have to compete with someone who isn't sure about the profession...I can't afford the competition...:scared:

[Oh and...the whole McCain thing...just a joke...every politician flip flops...]

:thumbup:

Look vhinrich....aside from your mccain-esque flip/flops (muahahah jk) ....
Just like we might be flip-floppin our choice of professions if certain people get in and ok socialized medicine? ;)

Entire post for reference: vhinrich(06-01-2008, 05:17 PM):"I have 3.6 overall, 3.7 sci GPA. I'm planning on taking DATs next month. I'm not confident that I'll do any better than 17 or 18 overall. It's long story but I won't have enough time to study for DATs b/c of cancer treatments of a family member. I took a practice exam and scored a 14. Let's say I got 16 on DATs, would I be able to get into any dental schools? I know my GPA is descent but if my DAT scores are low, I'm afraid they'll reject me? What do you think? Any suggestions?"

Those aren't my number. That's my asswipe roommate. I wish I had his numbers. I'm currently working as RN and kind of sick of having a pee-on job. I met a patient who's wife was podiatrist and I talked to her and got interested in the career. So I decided to go for it.

Those aren't my number. That's my asswipe roommate. I wish I had his numbers..

what a lazy bum roomate you got there! cant even make his own SDN ID.it takes harldy 2-3 mins :). see this much confusion arose bcoz of that. next time ask people to make their own IDs before posting stuff.

Those aren't my number. That's my asswipe roommate. I wish I had his numbers. I'm currently working as RN and kind of sick of having a pee-on job. I met a patient who's wife was podiatrist and I talked to her and got interested in the career. So I decided to go for it.

So did your "roommate" end up going with DDS or MD or some other medical profession?:rolleyes: