Will I get paid for accrual PTO when I resign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prosperity8

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If have over 400 hours of accumulated PTO. I'm planning to resign from WAGS to pursue new opportunity. Will I get paid for my unused PTO?
 
Over 400 hours? That's a large amount of PTO. I have over 10 years in the company and I can only accrue a max of 240, so I'm going to assume you're counting the vacation time in your frozen bucket from when everyone changed over. You will be paid for you accrued PTO time, but anything in your frozen buckets will be forfeit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Over 400 hours? That's a large amount of PTO. I have over 10 years in the company and I can only accrue a max of 240, so I'm going to assume you're counting the vacation time in your frozen bucket from when everyone changed over. You will be paid for you accrued PTO time, but anything in your frozen buckets will be forfeit.
frozen vacation will be paid out, frozen sick will not
 
Over 400 hours? That's a large amount of PTO. I have over 10 years in the company and I can only accrue a max of 240, so I'm going to assume you're counting the vacation time in your frozen bucket from when everyone changed over. You will be paid for you accrued PTO time, but anything in your frozen buckets will be forfeit.

I haven't taken a vacation in 6 years.