Will I have a chance for a great social life after college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoxinMoxin

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say I do go to med school and become a doctor and such, there is one thing bothering me. As some who have read my posts are aware, I have a really bad social life, why?

Well one of my first threads ever should tell you:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=840732

So basically I haven't been to a party or anything of the sort before, I am a sophomore in college, haven't even had a girlfriend yet but man do I keep getting close (actually kissed and did it with a girl but she just didn't want a relationship, guess I was not impressive enough).

I just wonder, after you get into med school and when you become a doctor. Do you ever get that chance of going to parties, hooking up with people (like a lot of people), being in lots of relationships, and stuff or is college your only chance to do that?

Because honestly, I ain't livin dat life!

Members don't see this ad.

So basically I haven't been to a party or anything of the sort before, I am a sophomore in college, haven't even had a girlfriend yet but man do I keep getting close (actually kissed and did it with a girl but she just didn't want a relationship, guess I was not impressive enough).

I lol'd and I also agree with Nicknaylor.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is it that makes me sound weird?

No. If you can't make it happen in college, why do you think it would be different later on?

Plus, in no other time of your life will you be surrounded by as many members of the opposite sex who are just as bored/naive/want to experiment/whatever as you are in college.

you sound really immature

"actually kissed did it with a girl"
"Because honestly, I ain't livin dat life!"

what is this i don't even...
every single one of your ancestors got laid. it's not a big deal.

get interesting, learn some facts and get into the stuff that your peers are interested in, like sports or politics or something of that sort. when you have conversations, be genuinely interested in what the other person is saying.

http://www.girlschase.com/content/getting-past-small-talk

you may think this site is kinda lame but the lesson is sound. get to know people and be confident.
"guess I was not impressive enough" come on are you serious? that's lame as hell

Anyone who still calls it 'doing it' probably doesn't have much of a social life to begin with

you sound really immature
"i did it with a girl"
"Because honestly, I ain't livin dat life!"
what is this i don't even...

THIS

go to bars,
drink beers,
lift weights,
get big,
hang out,
pick up girls,

****ing profit

edit: 300 posts, **** yeah

thisss
isss
spartaaa

If that was your first time with a girl, then yeah, you probably weren't impressive enough.

THIS

go to bars,
drink beers,
lift weights,
get big,
hang out,
pick up girls,

****ing profit

Well, if you simply want to "do it" with more girls, then sure this would work. If the OP is actually looking for a relationship, there are better ways of finding a significant other than picking up drunk chicks at a bar.

OP, med school is obviously busy and starting a relationship might be tricky, but honestly that's not going to be what inhibits a social life. It's really all up to you and whether you choose to put yourself out there and socialize and hang out with various and diverse groups of people with shared interests.

THIS

go to bars,
drink beers,
lift weights,
get big,
hang out,
pick up girls,

****ing profit

edit: 300 posts, **** yeah

thisss
isss
spartaaa

Alpha

Well, if you simply want to "do it" with more girls, then sure this would work. If the OP is actually looking for a relationship, there are better ways of finding a significant other than picking up drunk chicks at a bar.

Not Alpha

Members don't see this ad :)

OP, med school is obviously busy and starting a relationship might be tricky, but honestly that's not going to be what inhibits a social life. It's really all up to you and whether you choose to put yourself out there and socialize and hang out with various and diverse groups of people with shared interests.

lol

what a tool

"do it?"

wtf is that ****

heh

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

why?
this kid is in dire need of practice. you can't learn to walk without falling many times. bar chicks are probably the easiest, go learn how to talk to girls and then go get a girlfriend. confidence is key.

Hey bro, have you ever had sex? I have, it felt great! It felt so good when I did it with my penis!

sandbags amirite?

esercizio.gif

why?
this kid is in dire need of practice. you can't learn to walk without falling many times. bar chicks are probably the easiest, go learn how to talk to girls and then go get a girlfriend. confidence is key.

sandbags amirite?

Last edited:
I'd say it will all start to get better for yourself if you begin to be completely honest with yourself about your social skills, however "skilled" you really are.

Hey bro, have you ever had sex? I have, it felt great! It felt so good when I did it with my penis!

[YOUTUBE]lQlIhraqL7o[/YOUTUBE]

Hahaha, this video made up for the wasted time of my life reading the other stuff.

If that was your first time with a girl, then yeah, you probably weren't impressive enough.

Hey, man, not true. First time I was a champion same things happened to a few of my friends, too. Also depends what you're working with if you're not smooth with moves. I think the 1st time and the 5th and later times are prime for performance

Social lives are what you make of them. You decide your own level of involvement in and out of college. Now that I'm out of school I find it much easier to just go up and talk to people, because I know I don't have as many opportunities to do so like when I was in college. Out of school, you (I'm assuming it will happen) don't really care anymore how random people perceive you, because you have a very slim chance of seeing them again like if you went to the same college.

Socially, after college makes things easier to start up, but with less opportunities to do so.

Hey, man, not true. First time I was a champion same things happened to a few of my friends, too. Also depends what you're working with if you're not smooth with moves. I think the 1st time and the 5th and later times are prime for performance

Social lives are what you make of them. You decide your own level of involvement in and out of college. Now that I'm out of school I find it much easier to just go up and talk to people, because I know I don't have as many opportunities to do so like when I was in college. Out of school, you (I'm assuming it will happen) don't really care anymore how random people perceive you, because you have a very slim chance of seeing them again like if you went to the same college.

Socially, after college makes things easier to start up, but with less opportunities to do so.

Awww, it's cute because he believes it. :laugh:

Have you considered that you are gay?

Awww, it's cute because he believes it. :laugh:

Hahah, thanks Smiter. :laugh: I actually do believe it...there's some things you can't fake...even as a girl! Not sure what OPs previous experiences were, but I was very fluent prior to my first time, so I knew my way around pretty good. Don't always underestimate the virgins!!

Not at all.

Hold your standards, no matter how desperate you are, compromise a little if you need to, but standards are key... once you give those up, it's a slippery slope...

He's been holding his standards up for years. That's why he is probably a 30 year old virgin.

In all seriousness, I don't know whether to laugh at the joke or feel bad if it's really his reality. :confused:

why?

sandbags amirite?

I agree with the needing practice part, confidence is definitely key. However, rejection is certainly a possibility in a bar setting. I think socializing (not trying to pick up) is a better bet with like-minded people. Just my opinion.

Hahah, thanks Smiter. :laugh: I actually do believe it...there's some things you can't fake...even as a girl! Not sure what OPs previous experiences were, but I was very fluent prior to my first time, so I knew my way around pretty good. Don't always underestimate the virgins!!

Well, I hope for your sake she wasn't faking it, but just know that most girls are VERY good at pretending that we enjoyed it. We don't want to bruise your precious male egos, after all. :D

He's been holding his standards up for years. That's why he is probably a 30 year old virgin.

In all seriousness, I don't know whether to laugh at the joke or feel bad if it's really his reality. :confused:

I'm just saying, even if you're an ugly guy, you can work out and dress nicely and you'll rope at least an average looking girl if you have average social intelligence. Just be confident and you'll have it. If you start slipping then you'll end up with something you're not proud of, which happens, it's just a slippery slope...

To OP:
My best advice is to go out when you're feeling a "high."

For example, if you value school a lot, go out after you get a great score on a test and you're feeling really good about everything. Don't talk about it, but just have that aura about you.

Whatever you value more than social interactions (which I know you do, as evidence of your original post) go out after you're feeling a "high" from it. Then, once you start pulling friendships, phone numbers and good conversations due to your confidence and practice, you'll have the confidence to go out whenever and talk to women.

Well, I hope for your sake she wasn't faking it, but just know that most girls are VERY good at pretending that we enjoyed it. We don't want to bruise your precious male egos, after all. :D

Hahah, Well thank you. I just don't see why girls have to pretend...if you want us to get better, then give us a C+ or a B-. Give us something more to shoot for. Don't give us an A if we didn't earn it. If guys think they're good, then they won't work to get better...

Use constructive criticism though, and point out many (many) things we were doing correctly, so our egos don't deflate beyond repair...:D

Hahah, Well thank you. I just don't see why girls have to pretend...if you want us to get better, then give us a C+ or a B-. Give us something more to shoot for. Don't give us an A if we didn't earn it. If guys think they're good, then they won't work to get better...

Use constructive criticism though, and point out many (many) things we were doing correctly, so our egos don't deflate beyond repair...:D

LOL! In my experience, male egos are WAY too oversensitive for this approach :p

Is this thread real life?

OP go talk to girls..or anyone irl for that matter

Also, it's cute how people equate hooking up with people on your own social level as "compromising your standards."

Be real. You don't need to be a 10 to get your dream girl... but you can't be a 2 and get her

I'm just saying, even if you're an ugly guy, you can work out and dress nicely and you'll rope at least an average looking girl if you have average social intelligence. Just be confident and you'll have it. If you start slipping then you'll end up with something you're not proud of, which happens, it's just a slippery slope...

Sounds like there is a story behind this. Want to share?? :laugh:

fat_lady_bikini.jpg

Why do you assume you need to go to parties to have a social life? And I agree, you sound really strange.

I know after a hard week, I want to party. But social life is also having friends outside of the house party scene. Plus playing sports and doing other activities

I just wonder, after you get into med school and when you become a doctor. Do you ever get that chance of going to parties, hooking up with people (like a lot of people), being in lots of relationships, and stuff or is college your only chance to do that?

Look I'm just going to tell it to you straight. I assume you've seen Grey's Anatomy? Well, there's your answer. Whatever life you are leading now, you will automatically work with dozens of sexy people and end up sleeping with all of them once you become a doctor.

Hey guys. I am really bad with the ladies and have no friends. Being a doctor will instantly make me uber cool right? Everyone who is a doctor goes to all night orgies and parties.

bloops

Last edited:
There are a lot of opportunities to socialize and party in medical school. What you get out of it depends on how involved you want to be and how willing you are to move outside your comfort zone (assuming that intense partying/socializing are outside your comfort zone at this point). You could join a frat, easiest way to force yourself to get involved (plus med frats seem less douchey)

LOLLL

mitchlurker

white knightin is ******ed

lets go out drinking.

seriously.

you drive 'em away with your "my first was GREATTT, my standards are 11/10's" bs.
i know your type, youd make it a ****ing layup for me to get laid (id need a fishing net).

even though, its a foul shot for me now.

HAHAHAAA

edit: lollll, rate me a C+/B-, youre on the op's level

Too be honest, I hope that (given that you do get into med school) after you graduate from medical school and finish residency, you are mature enough to not go to stupid parties and get drunk off your ass and do these "social" things you descried.

Idea: Get into medical school then socialize the first week before class starts. Everybody except the in-state people will be new, so you'll make tons of new friends. Go out with said new friends and embark on alcoholic and/or exciting adventures!

said do it because I believe this site tends to be a bit too harsh on the cursing, gosh thought saying secks was against the rules :eek:

but the point is this, I do have a lot of numbers on my cellphone and I have people to hang out with but guys for the sake of it, please click on the link so you can get a general idea of what my situation is

transferring to another university is really my only option, believe me it is, most parties are miles away from my house, I live in the bad torn down district (retired people neighborhood)

Most kids I know enjoy hanging with friends in their neighborhoods or friends who live near them.

I was hoping that maybe when I get out on my own in my mid 20s I have that chance to perhaps catch the last remains of the party life, I have even told myself I am not getting married, I am really not.