Will I Know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

layne20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if I apply to a preliminary medicine year and a PGY-2 spot in radiology, will I be notified on the Monday before match day if I did not get the radiology spot, or are you only notified if you get neither the preliminary nor the PGY-2 spot? I'm pretty sure I will get notified either way, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

layne20 said:
I was just wondering if I apply to a preliminary medicine year and a PGY-2 spot in radiology, will I be notified on the Monday before match day if I did not get the radiology spot, or are you only notified if you get neither the preliminary nor the PGY-2 spot? I'm pretty sure I will get notified either way, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks! :)

If you apply for both a preliminary position and an advanced position (as you have), you will be notified if you fail to match into either (or both) position. As an added bonus, if you match into one but not the other, they will tell you where you matched (this facilitates planning for the scramble). How do I know? I matched to an advanced position, had to scramble for a first year spot (stupid competitive transitional years :mad: ). Anyhow, here's hoping you match to both and don't have to worry about scrambling. :luck:

Thanks very much for the reply! I am very happy it works this way!