Medical Will medical schools see a GRE score from applying to a different program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, for a while I was battling if I should go to PA school or Med school. Initially, I was planning on PA so I went ahead and scheduled my GRE Exam. It was during my study for the exam that I realized, I need to just pursue Med school like I always dreamed of doing. I do not want to live with the regret of, "Damn, why didnt I just go all the way?" And have a my glass is only half full feeling my entire life. It just isnt a fit for me. Being that I already paid for the test, I took it anyway. Stupidly, despite not being happy with my scores, I sent them to 4 schools anyway bc that's essentially what I was paying for to begin with. A few of the schools I sent them to also have MD/DO programs that I was planning on applying to. I was wondering, if I applied to their MD programs if they would still see my GRE score since I sent it to those universities. I did send them under the PA code, so I'm hoping that will save me. It is just kind of freaking me out. My scores were not good, not something I want to advertise so I shouldn't have sent them to begin with. I just don't want it to throw a big red flag to med schools. Should I avoid applying to those ones? Any advice you can offer will greatly help! I wasn't sure where to post this type of question so praying this works.
Med schools do NOT see your GRE scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Sweet, that is what I was hoping for. Just wanted to make sure the admission team wouldn't automatically see it since I sent them to the PA program of that university. Comforting to know it has to be entered through AMCAS process to be viewed!!
The admissions process for each program on campus (PA and MD) is completely separate.

So... when did you take your MCAT and what were your scores?

I don't know if your sentiment fearing regret for not having gone to medical school is well-founded. PA programs take about 2 years, plus you can specialize. MD takes 4 years, so more debt and delayed gratification. The tradeoff for smaller debt/faster route to making an impact versus the longer road through internship and residency isn't something that I would overlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.