Will my acceptance be rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will my offer be rescinded?

• Yes

• No

• No idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

wuru13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have this situation that is slightly different from many other posts about rescinded offers in this forum -

I was enrolled in a scholar program when I got into college. And then I went through an internal transfer between schools in my sophomore year, not knowing that this scholar program in each school has different requirements (surprisingly, my advisor never mentioned it either). I remained in this program until this school year when the director of this program emailed me and said I didn't meet this program's course requirement. And I cannot make up for it because what I was missing is a year-long intensive course that was supposed to be completed in freshman year (this is the extra requirement in school B, which I had no idea about because I was in school A during my freshman year; and after I internal-transferred to school B, my membership status in this program never changed on my transcript, so I never thought to check).

This scholar title was on my official transcript sent to AMCAS and was listed as an honor/award on my primary application's EC section. No one asked about this activity during interviews and I never mentioned it in any secondaries either. I am writing an update to the school that accepted me about this change.

Per this school's acceptance conditions, my academic achievement in courses/programs "must continue to be the same high quality reflected on the original transcript(s)" and any change of projected courses/programs needs to be submitted as a request for permission, which the AO will review and approve. But it's not like I am now considering dropping out of the program and want to check with the admissions about whether I am allowed to do so - it is just impossible for me at this point to rejoin the program.

I feel the school's rules are rather ambiguous, so I would really appreciate some insights from this forum. Would my offer be rescinded because of this? Should I write an update to inform them about this?

Members don't see this ad.

From my best understanding, no, your acceptances would not be withdrawn over this. Your official transcript had this designation, so its not like you were willfully misrepresenting your status in this scholar program. Also, I believe those academic achievement clauses are mostly there so you don't think "yippee! I'm accepted! Time to fail all of my current classes."

Honestly I don't know if you should even update your schools about this... But I think those who are better informed than me should weigh in before you decide.

Reactions: 1 users
From my best understanding, no, your acceptances would not be withdrawn over this. Your official transcript had this designation, so its not like you were willfully misrepresenting your status in this scholar program. Also, I believe those academic achievement clauses are mostly there so you don't think "yippee! I'm accepted! Time to fail all of my current classes."

Honestly I don't know if you should even update your schools about this... But I think those who are better informed than me should weigh in before you decide.
Thank you for your input! It is definitely relieving to hear that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't imagine any school will honestly care. It's not even your fault, it was on your official transcript.

I can't imagine any school will honestly care. It's not even your fault, it was on your official transcript.
Do you think I should inform the school about this? Would that make me look so neurotic lol

i probably wouldn't update them, i would just let them reach out if they notice a discrepancy down the road and tell them the story. maybe archive some emails for corroboration of your story. doubt anyone will care at all.

Reactions: 1 user
i probably wouldn't update them, i would just let them reach out if they notice a discrepancy down the road and tell them the story. maybe archive some emails for corroboration of your story. doubt anyone will care at all.

Just leave it alone
Thank you all for your inputs! I guess I will leave it alone for now :)

Reactions: 1 users