Will my poor essay score decrease my PCAT score? If so, by how much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

everyone one sees B

recognize this ochem mech? haha
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just took the PCAT and scored in the 92nd percentile! 96 for Bio, 95 for Chem, 42 for CR (LOL), and 92 for Quan. Can someone give me insight on how much my essay score will decrease my PCAT score. I have a feeling I bombed that section too!

Let me know if y'all have questions about the PCAT, though it seems like other members have answered frequently asked questions pretty well! Cheers :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello again! I did some googling and found out that the writing score is a completely separate score from the composite score. Cheers!

I had low score on the Biology section.What kind i do to improve it next time? Any helpful advice would help. Im desperate

I had low score on the Biology section.What kind i do to improve it next time? Any helpful advice would help. Im desperate
Hey Abdul93. I would suggest reviewing kaplan materials but doing as many practice questions as possible. What helped for me was making concept maps of the concepts of each chapter. It was nice seeing how they all linked to each other. If you want my concept maps, let me know. I can send them to you :) I only used kaplan and pearson practice tests in case you were curious!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Abdul93. I would suggest reviewing kaplan materials but doing as many practice questions as possible. What helped for me was making concept maps of the concepts of each chapter. It was nice seeing how they all linked to each other. If you want my concept maps, let me know. I can send them to you :) I only used kaplan and pearson practice tests in case you were curious!
I know this was directed to Abdul93, but I would love to hae your concept maps if you would not mind sharing them.

Writing does NOT affect the score.
It's a separate score that is ready in about a month.
If you get 3 out of 6 it's good. 3 is mean

It will mean alot if you can email me those concept maps heres my email [email protected] thank you

Hi can you please send me your concept maps as well? i would really appreciate your help... my email ID is: [email protected]

Would I be able to get them as well? My email is [email protected]
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like a copy as well! [email protected]
I've seen concept maps before and but have a hard time coming up with them myself. Do you retract the info from memory or reference when you draw them out?
I definitely don't retract from memory haha but I could see how doing so would be helpful! I made these as I read the chapters because there's just so much material. Here's a link to the google drive! pcat - Google Drive

If anyone finds any mistakes, please point them out! I don't want to be held responsible haha

Reactions: 1 users
I definitely don't retract from memory haha but I could see how doing so would be helpful! I made these as I read the chapters because there's just so much material. Here's a link to the google drive! pcat - Google Drive

If anyone finds any mistakes, please point them out! I don't want to be held responsible haha
Hey it says I need a request access?

For anonymity of personnel, I’d strongly advise sdn users to not openly reveal personal email accounts as these threads remain open to the general public both users and non-users alike. If you wish to do so, at your discretion you may PM each other concerning outline assistance on study material.