Will PCAT improvement help 2nd round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jelf725

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone....
So I took my first PCAT the other day and let's just say my composite was below a 50. :( I hadn't had hardly any time to study due to family circumstances. I plan on taking the PCAT again either this cycle or next year cycle and will study hard using more references. BUT my question is....

lets say I score an 80-99 composite on my 2nd PCAT and have a cGPA 3.52 and sGPA 3.30 with 4 years army medical background, 2 years as cert pharm tech and already sterile certified
Will committees see my first much lower score and turn me away or will they take into account my much higher 2nd score plus all stats listed above? I want to know if I will get the 3rd degree for my first bad score? What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmacy Schools will only look at your highest score. You have really good experience, so I would say that you should aim for at least a 70+ composite. Now that you've already taken it once, it'll be even easier the second time!

Pharmacy Schools will only look at your highest score. You have really good experience, so I would say that you should aim for at least a 70+ composite. Now that you've already taken it once, it'll be even easier the second time!

i agree. they only care about highest score. and 70+ is definitely safer scores to go with. however, try your best. you now know what you need to get more improved on.