Will reapplication hurt my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dahntaysavenue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am planning to apply to a few schools this year. I know it's late, and I know that it is more than likely I will be rejected.

My adviser told me today that I'd have a much greater chance if I were to apply for the next cycle (~3.4 GPA, 32P). But I'd still like to try it this cycle.

So ...

If I were to reapply to the same schools next year, would that hurt my chances?

And would I need to fill in forms different from the ones I would fill in the first time I apply?

Thanks,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
also consider the cost. applying to a lot of schools will set you back a significant amount. even before the interview, you'll be out one thousand or more dollars for the amcas fees and secondary fees. this is pretty late in the cycle for a borderline applicant. but if you think you want to give it a shot, :luck:

If I were to reapply to the same schools next year, would that hurt my chances?

And would I need to fill in forms different from the ones I would fill in the first time I apply?

It won't hurt you. At least it didn't hurt me! I applied to my top seven faves last year but didn't get any interviews. (I was turning in apps at the end of November, beginning of December.) This year I started early and had almost all my apps done by the end of August (secondaries that is, not just primaries). So far I have three interviews including two from schools I applied to last year. It really didn't hurt!