Will retail be only option for pharmacist in future ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which hospital?

This guy. You want us to write up your resume and send in the application for you while we're at it?

Go online and find hospitals with open positions yourself. Rural hospitals don't necessarily rely on job search engines as much, and may post them up on their company website.
 
This guy. You want us to write up your resume and send in the application for you while we're at it?

Go online and find hospitals with open positions yourself. Rural hospitals don't necessarily rely on job search engines as much, and may post them up on their company website.
This guy. You want us to write up your resume and send in the application for you while we're at it?

Go online and find hospitals with open positions yourself. Rural hospitals don't necessarily rely on job search engines as much, and may post them up on their company website.

Ah yes, another condescending member of SDN pharmacy. Not surprised seeing a comment like this...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This notion that only retail jobs are available is completely untrue. There are tons of small, rural hospitals that hire pharmacists without residency experience. If you're willing to work in the sticks, the jobs are there and there's money to be made. I'm an example. I work in no-man's-land but I make great money relative to most hospital pharmacists and I do not have residency experience.
That is really good to know. I am willing to work in the sticks. I have no issue with relocating anywhere in the US. I am a minimalist and I love rural places as much as cities. So what steps would you suggest I take in Pharmacy school to maximize my chances at getting a hospital position and/or residency after I graduate? From what I have read so far, I understand anything below a 3.5 GPA will make it harder for me to place in residency positions. What else would make me a strong candidate? I already do have few years of teaching & research experience (if that counts) as well as worked in various customer service settings including retail pharmacy before. I will be a P1 starting fall this year. I know it's still years away for me but I want to take steps in the right direction and would appreciate any advice. Thank you.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app