Will schools this cycle see if I register for a new MCAT in January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasukeuchiha33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying this cycle but am also preparing for a reapplication given my low MCAT score. If I register for an exam in January, will schools I'm applying to this cycle see that I registered for another MCAT in January, even though it's after the last acceptable date to be considered this cycle (I believe Sept 2020?). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm applying this cycle but am also preparing for a reapplication given my low MCAT score. If I register for an exam in January, will schools I'm applying to this cycle see that I registered for another MCAT in January, even though it's after the last acceptable date to be considered this cycle (I believe Sept 2020?). Thanks!
I am 99.99% sure that you are okay. Schools actually ask on the primary if you have any future tests scheduled, so they can know to hold your review if they want to wait for those scores. They wouldn't need to ask this if they had access to all registrations.

They automatically receive scores after they are available, but I honestly don't think they can see future registrations. I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't hold it against you if they could. Absolutely no one would blame you for hedging your bets with a low score by preparing for a POSSIBLE future retake, depending on how your cycle goes. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user