Will sending in an academic update delay the decision process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajabaja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to apply this next round, but UCLA requires a semester of psychology which I haven't taken yet. I want to submit my applications to all my other choices early, around June 3, but if I take psyc over the summer, I won't be able to finish psychology until late July. When I contacted AADSAS, they told me they can send out the preliminary application to all of the schools in June, then send my psychology grade between November and January as an "academic update" to the required schools. I know UCLA will not be able to make a decision until they get my psych score, but will using the "academic update" service delay the decision making process at all of the other schools that don't require psyc, but are still applied to using AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools only care that you finish the pre-reqs before you enroll. UCLA will still consider your application if you are only missing psychology. When you do your AADSAS application, you can also add planned coursework so UCLA would see you plan to take it in the fall. You're worrying to much about it. :scared: Just apply early and you'll be fine. Best of luck to you.

I'm ready to apply this next round, but UCLA requires a semester of psychology which I haven't taken yet. I want to submit my applications to all my other choices early, around June 3, but if I take psyc over the summer, I won't be able to finish psychology until late July. When I contacted AADSAS, they told me they can send out the preliminary application to all of the schools in June, then send my psychology grade between November and January as an "academic update" to the required schools. I know UCLA will not be able to make a decision until they get my psych score, but will using the "academic update" service delay the decision making process at all of the other schools that don't require psyc, but are still applied to using AADSAS?

send or fax them your transcript when done. they'll take unofficially for the main time before academic update comes

Schools only care that you finish the pre-reqs before you enroll. UCLA will still consider your application if you are only missing psychology. When you do your AADSAS application, you can also add planned coursework so UCLA would see you plan to take it in the fall. You're worrying to much about it. :scared: Just apply early and you'll be fine. Best of luck to you.

THANK YOU FLDNSTRM!

Honestly, You've saved so much stress for me. I was able to get an interning position at the UCLA dental clinic and managed to get a letter of rec from them too, but was worried that I couldn't apply there because of the psyc requirement. Cheers mate! :luck: