Will socialized medicine even be possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I love the political BS of turning Hillary and Barack's health care plans into single payer systems. Neither of them is currently proposing to make doctors government employees. If only people would read as much as they spoke...

Members don't see this ad.

Also, I love the political BS of turning Hillary and Barack's health care plans into single payer systems. Neither of them is currently proposing to make doctors government employees. If only people would read as much as they spoke...
Who has time for that? :laugh:

The point that bothers me most that seem to be being missed is that everyone without insurance will be REQUIRED to get it. Doesn't that give anyone else the willies, that the government is controlling even that choice for you.

You already have this situation in most states with auto insurance -- not sure why health insurance gives you more of the willies.

The point that bothers me most that seem to be being missed is that everyone without insurance will be REQUIRED to get it. Doesn't that give anyone else the willies, that the government is controlling even that choice for you. Also, how many companies do you think are going to take medical insurance out of their benefits package because it's cheaper for them, and their employees will just have to buy the government insurance if they don't provide it so why provide it. Las t point: If you force the required debt of this "low cost" insurance onto low income families they will just rely more heavily on other government funding programs in order to still have enough money to eat and stay in their housing. Okay, I will now get off of my soap box for the time being.

We all pay car insurances, it is mandatory, why not to do the same thing with healthinsurance?