will stipend go up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i'm a current hpsp NAVY dental student. I was wondering if anyone know if the Stipend will be going up this comming year?.. since the new year, our tax was raised so that I am actually getting less than what i used to. just wondering if anyone would know.

Also, question about ODS, Would anyone know how many miles do we run everyday? I 'm hoping to start trainning soon.

thank you very much,

Members don't see this ad.

Recruiter told me that it usually goes up about $100 every July to compensate for increasing living costs. I don't know if that's true or not though.

Recruiter told me that it usually goes up about $100 every July to compensate for increasing living costs. I don't know if that's true or not though.

stipend is generally determined by 75% of current O-1 (w/ less than 2yrs). if their salary goes up (around 1-4% a year), so does our stipend. it has little to do with living costs; rather it is with inflation. b/c of the current economy and fed spending, it's unlikely that the stipend would go up for $100 a month, which is almost 5%. also, do note that b/c stipend is not subject to FICA taxes, the actual difference is less than 25% (which is good for us).

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email today saying that our stipend could b affected if the govt. decide to shut down.. any idea what the hack is going on ?!.. I' m going through our finals this comming week, so i literally have no idea whats' going on in this world besides school.... any help would be much appreicated

I just got an email today saying that our stipend could b affected if the govt. decide to shut down.. any idea what the hack is going on ?!.. I' m going through our finals this comming week, so i literally have no idea whats' going on in this world besides school.... any help would be much appreicated

Republicans o the house want to cut spending drastically, and democrats are saying the republicans are cutting too much. Neither side is willing to budge and it appears this is more a political dog and pony show for the up-coming elections. Does congress and the President still get paid? you bet your bottom dollar. Do the troops on the front lines and across this great nation get paid? Perhaps retroactively. You decide who's to blame and vote accordingly....I know who I think is in the wrong here and plan to vote them out of office as soon as possible.

I just received this email, too. What does this mean for us (HPSP recipients) in the future?

I just received this email, too. What does this mean for us (HPSP recipients) in the future?

i don't think the current situation would affect hpsp too much. the current govt agenda on cutting spending, hiring and salary freeze (which i think it should cut more) have some exceptions, and compensations to armed services personnel (i suppose including us) is one of them.

Do you know if the shutdown is going to affect bonus pays for new HPSPers? My brother enlisted in the Army 2 years ago and has yet to get his bonus. Obviously there is a difference between enlisted/officer programs but I thought I would ask.