Will studying from the following resources during preclinicals prepare me well for Step 1 and beyond?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fogo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming M1 at a 2 year traditional curriculum with unranked, true P/F. First year covers anatomy, physiology, biochem, immunology, and micro; second year covers neuro, psych, pharm, and clinical pathology.

I'll be relying on the AnKing v11 deck -- Costanzo for physiology, Pixorize for biochem and immuno, Sketchy for micro and pharm, and Pathoma for clinical pathology. Subtracting the overlaps, I'm counting the total number of cards to be around 19,600. Obviously, I'll also do UWorld and NBMEs/UWSAs leading up to the exam.

I'm planning on using housemade decks for anatomy, neuro, and psych. Please let me know if this is a decent schedule for my preclinical years!

Members don't see this ad.

My school has past house exams for classes so I thought maybe doing those before might be enough. But I will look into an Amboss subscription as well because that seems to be extensively tagged in AnKing.

Incoming M1 at a 2 year traditional curriculum with unranked, true P/F. First year covers anatomy, physiology, biochem, immunology, and micro; second year covers neuro, psych, pharm, and clinical pathology.

I'll be relying on the AnKing v11 deck -- Costanzo for physiology, Pixorize for biochem and immuno, Sketchy for micro and pharm, and Pathoma for clinical pathology. Subtracting the overlaps, I'm counting the total number of cards to be around 19,600. Obviously, I'll also do UWorld and NBMEs/UWSAs leading up to the exam.

I'm planning on using housemade decks for anatomy, neuro, and psych. Please let me know if this is a decent schedule for my preclinical years!

Anking - Use it if you can keep up with it, but don't focus on doing every single card. Know when to delete a bad card, or press "easy" when it's genuinely easy. If you're also using housemade decks make sure you're not keeping all these extra overlapping cards from these decks and Anking unsuspended. It's very easy to get overwhelmed with cards if you're trying to do them all, and you wind up going through the motions and not actively learning. Personally, I think if you're spending more than 2hrs a day on Anki it's a little too much unless you're reviewing as you go.

Sketchy Pharm/Micro - Personally I really enjoyed these resources. If they work for you for Pharm and Micro, use em.

Pathoma - Clutch overview of pathology, very useful

Costanzo - Personally I'd only use if it, if you were struggling with physiology / your house lectures, were garbage.

Pixorize - I didn't use it, but I know some people found it useful. Probably more valuable for the high-yield biochemistry stuff like glycogen storage disorders, mucopolysaccharidosis', etc

Reactions: 1 user