will taking dat again affect app progress?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.dds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I read this before but I'm not sure of it. If you stated in your primary app that you set a time to take the DAT again, is it true that your app won't be processed by the school until it recieves those second official scores? I was just looking at the aadsas app and apparently you can still change the date of the next DAT option still... so I'm not really sure. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes mr dds. You and I are in the same boat.

The schools will usually not process your application or send it to the admissions committee until they receive your second score report.

What I would do is as soon as I get the unofficial results from your second DAT, I'd fax it to all your dental schools' admissions office ASAP. Then make an order to have your official scores sent to all your dental schools. Of course, what you fax to each dental school must match up with what the schools will eventually get from ADA. Good luck.