will they reject me from their dschool if i didnt go to their undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentane9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi

im going to be applying for next cycle. class 2012. i applied for undergrad at nyu got into a gallatin program but i didnt go because of finances, wasnt ready to go away yet. i really want to go to nyu for dschool but how does it look i didnt go for undergrad. i have avg stats, some good extras and research 6 yrs in chem laboratory.

im just afraid theyll say no bc i said no for undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

no, i doubt they would even bother checking their records

dentane9 said:
hi

im going to be applying for next cycle. class 2012. i applied for undergrad at nyu got into a gallatin program but i didnt go because of finances, wasnt ready to go away yet. i really want to go to nyu for dschool but how does it look i didnt go for undergrad. i have avg stats, some good extras and research 6 yrs in chem laboratory.

im just afraid theyll say no bc i said no for undergrad.

ahhhh the things pre-dents worry about.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure the lion's share of dental students at NYU didn't go to undergrad there and the fact that you didn't won't have an adverse effect on your chances.

Audio said:
ahhhh the things pre-dents worry about.

tell me about it... there will an increase amounts of posts in the next few weeks-months..

you tellin me i can't find worry you had?? :)

rocknightmare said:
tell me about it... there will an increase amounts of posts in the next few weeks-months..

you tellin me i can't find worry you had?? :)

posts are hard to follow when words are left out

You would think they wouldn't check but when I was graduating from undergrad part 1, I got a letter from Richmond saying something like, "We're dissapointed that you didn't choose us for your undergraduate studies but would really like it if you would consider applying to the U of R Law School... yadda yadda yadda..." I was pretty shocked that they had looked me up -- because it came to my school mailbox!

But no. Even if they know every little detail about your life, they're more likely to fault you for using the wrong brand of underarm deoderant than for choosing another undergrad school.

Mack