Will this class count towards the BCPM GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mayaalk

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this class count towards the BCPM GPA?
The title of the class is 98T - Intersection of Science and Ethics: CRISPR, Case Study This is how it shows up on my transcript:
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 5.57.05 PM.png

Also, the professor of this class does not have a PhD yet (they still have 2 years left), should I ask them to write me a Letter of Rec? What I mean is that does it matter that a professor has a PhD or not if they are writing you a letter of rec?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Was it taught as a science class or an ethics class? The former yes, the latter no. FWIW, my department had a "philosophy of biology" class that counted towards the biology major. I will be marking it as not BCPM.

Reactions: 1 user
Was it taught as a science class or an ethics class? The former yes, the latter no. FWIW, my department had a "philosophy of biology" class that counted towards the biology major. I will be marking it as not BCPM.
I think it is taught as a science class, we read research papers on CRISPR every week and then have quizzes on them and presentations at the end of every week.