Will this IA hold me back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holr2001

Reaction score
Hi! I am a low MCAT (507) high GPA (3.89) URM applicant (mostly applying to service oriented schools since I have 1000+ hours) and am afraid that my IA can pose a risk to my application. So the fall of my sophomore year (fall 2020 when the vaccine wasnt out yet) I got in trouble due to a guest policy violation during COVID. Basically what happened was, my floor RA told us that anyone in the area (consists of 4 dorm buildings) or the building could be guests at our dorm. So as a result I visited a friend at a different dorm building in the area. We were social distanced and wore masks the entire time but her RA reported us because apparently they were only allowed to have people from their floor over. I told the conduct office that I was misinformed by my RA but they still wrote it as an institutional action because i should have read the housing manual entirely before coming to live on campus. It was negligence on my part because I definitely was careless by not reading it but I am afraid that adcoms will see this as me not caring about public health policies. It was a misunderstanding due to me not reading policies and being misinformed by my RA. Can anyone give advice/opinions as to what they would think or how to explain this on the apps? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to disclose, but it will not hurt your application.

Reactions: 2 users