will this idea work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
if i use a magnefing glasses for the PAT angle section then do you think it will help see which angle is smaller or bigger. i just thought about this now, so let me know what you think about it. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Heh if you can somehow sneak it by all the cameras that are watching you as you do the test, then go for it! :laugh: But no you shouldn't use that.

Jessica

Dat:20/20/18
Interviews:Case

I would not recommend that idea, do you really want to end up with a voided DAT score just to get a few more angle problems?

Try this, look at the arc length of the two angles, but make sure to be the same length from the apex. If you are stuck, look away and look again, make a decision and move on. Then later if you have time go back and spend more time on the marked questions.

For angles that are close to 90degrees mentally draw a perpendicular line and compare the two angles which one is closer to that line. For very large angles, mentally draw a continuation of one of the lines so it makes a 180 and then compare the two angles.

Instead of figuring out ways to cheat, try practicing!

Or you might as well try using a protractor instead of the lens!

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
I would not recommend that idea, do you really want to end up with a voided DAT score just to get a few more angle problems?

Try this, look at the arc length of the two angles, but make sure to be the same length from the apex. If you are stuck, look away and look again, make a decision and move on. Then later if you have time go back and spend more time on the marked questions.

For angles that are close to 90degrees mentally draw a perpendicular line and compare the two angles which one is closer to that line. For very large angles, mentally draw a continuation of one of the lines so it makes a 180 and then compare the two angles.

Instead of figuring out ways to cheat, try practicing!

Or you might as well try using a protractor instead of the lens!

thanks for the tips. i keep thinking about how to get more questions correct.

The ADA specifically says no measuring devices are allowed, and one would have to think this applies to the infamous folding ruler as well. Also, I hope you guys understand that you are not allowed to take anything into the testing room except the writing device (pencil/dry erase marker) and writing surface (paper/little dry erase sheets) that the prometric testing center provides you with. There is also a video camera positioned over your cubicle video taping every minute of your DAT test. Do you really want to risk being accused of cheating just to get a few angle problems right? It's not worth it. You'll be on video tape and they do review the videos from time to time to catch cheaters and void their scores. I have a friend who works at a prometric testing center and he spends 3-4 hours a day reviewing DAT videos, especially the PAT section. From what he has told me, the scores of 6 or 7 students have been voided within the past month due to using a measuring device on the PAT....yes, some were using the foldable ruler. Best advice, just work hard and do it the honest way. Forget all that foldable ruler crap. People who used the foldable ruler now have to worry that their video may get reviewed some day and their scores voided.

issa said:
hey
if i use a magnefing glasses for the PAT angle section then do you think it will help see which angle is smaller or bigger. i just thought about this now, so let me know what you think about it. :laugh:

I just practiced using Kaplan, Barrons and Topscore and the actual test section on the PAT was not hard at all. I improved my score from a 16 (practice) to a 23 on the actual test. Good luck

ARguy said:
I just practiced using Kaplan, Barrons and Topscore and the actual test section on the PAT was not hard at all. I improved my score from a 16 (practice) to a 23 on the actual test. Good luck

Practice make perfect. Cheating makes you a looser. Doctors should not be cheaters and remember, you "practice" medicine and dentistry.