Will Trump go after the CAP and its fellow travelors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thrombus

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One can only hope. I urge all of you pathologists who are sick and tired of the regulation and expense that comes with it to contact all you can in your patient's interest to get our costs under control. Even if I have to take a 20% pay cut, I am for it if we can get medicine affordable again to our fellow man.

There is no reason we need inspectors nosing around the room giving us a plethora of deficiencies for not checking the refrigerator temperature every day or using an extremely expensive, over-regulated reagent a few days over the date (perhaps you can buy the same reagent at Home depot for 5% of the FDA approved one). Lets see what the evidence tells us on VALUE based QC and proficiency testing in how often we actually need to do it when anyone with their brain turned on can decide if something is not working.

Perhaps we can simplify billing so that it does not part of 10% or more of our overhead.

Lets hope Trump helps end the madness that has become over-regulated medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

Anytime they monkey with healthcare it only gets worse

Reactions: 1 user
Two of Trump's people have ties to Theranos so maybe your wish will come true and we can make the lab industry even more into the "Wild West".

Not to see any silver lining to this cluster, but isn't he for intense deregulation of everything?

I'm keeping an eye on all things health care though. It gives me new topics to bug my congressmen about when I'm not griping about the Sec of Ed pick.