Will Trump win again???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you’ve misread my posts. I haven’t ever said anything about racism, sexism, homophobia etc not existing. Of course there are bad people who treat people poorly. That’s undeniable. What I have a problem with is the hysterical, outrage, victimization, identity politics culture that is now the sad state of things in America, largely perpetrated by the main stream media and the left. They want to paint the picture that America sucks. America is a racist, sexist country where the evil white man oppresses everyone. And I think that’s hurting society as a whole and hurting relationships between different groups.

Are there racist cops? sure. Are all cops racist? Of course not, most are great, brave people putting their lives on the line every day for the public good. Yet when the media vilifies them and makes it seem like they are all evil and out to get black people, is that good for society? Do they ever publicize when a white cop shoots an unarmed white man? Of course not. Again, not to say racism doesn’t exist, but the hysteria and racist narratives CONSTANTLY being painted by the media hurts society.

Are there sexist people? Sure. Is society now, more than anytime in the past, a better place for women to succeed than it has ever been? Of course. Yet all you hear about is how our sexist president hates women and every male has inherit toxic masculinity and privilege and blah blah blah about mansplaining, man spreading, and what ever other man-whatever they wanna come up with. Repeated nonsense about the gender wage gap permeates every discussion about women in the work place and taints women’s views of society and makes them feel like they are victims before they even start the rat race. I don’t want my girls (they are little btw) growing up in a world where they are told that they are setup to fail and are oppressed by society as a whole, when it’s just not true. And of course I want them to be wary of dangerous situations and to be safe on dates and at parties, but I don’t want them to live in fear that they have a chance to be raped by every other guy they meet.

Is there climate change? Sure. Should we try and limit atmospheric (and other) pollutants? Sure. Should we have the crazy climate catastrophe hysteria that has people wanting transform the world based off of just that, hysteria? No. Should we ban our only cheap and reliable energy sources in favor of crappy technology that isn’t ready to replace fossil fuels? No. Should we raise taxes a bunch and make everyone stop flying in planes and ban every car that’s not electric? No. Should we crush developing societies around the world and literally endanger people’s lives who depend on fossil fuels to survive because we think the world is gonna end in 12 years? No.

The point being, all the evil things you say exist, DO exist, but not at all to the degree that the left claims, and I largely feel that the hysteria and victim culture that is so prevalent today is only driving people to be more tribal and to have more animosity towards each other because it isn’t giving people the opportunity to grow up and experience the world for themselves. Media tells our youth that they are entering a racist, bigoted, sexist world and warps their minds with nonsense so they are so skeptical of everyone before they even have a chance to interact. It’s not good. It’s just not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 24 hour news cycle is horrible, so I agree with you on that.
My apologies if I attributed the quote about racism and sexism doesn't exist to you, someone else must've said it.

I'm not sure what you mean by hysteria.
I guess previously you weren't aware of the fight that marginalized people were putting up since social media and the 24 hour news cycle wasn't around?
Trust me, as long as I've been alive my family and friends have been a part of organizations and protests and movements to better things in this country. From slavery to jim crow laws to now, this is nothing new for us. As @BoolaHI said giving black kids, specifically black boys, the talk about how to interact with the police is nothing new since police brutality is nothing new. Teaching girls how to stay safe around boys/men is nothing new since sexual assault is nothing new. So this "hysteria" about racism and sexism is nothing new, but maybe you were unaware of it before since the news didn't cover things 24/7 and there was no social media?

And then what do you think is going to happen when you have a president who says mexico is bringing their rapists and that he likes to grab women by the *****???????? I mean come on now, for people not to react to that would be pretty insane. Of course there is going to be hysteria. Would you be ok with your daughter's teachers or coaches talking to them like that and acting like that? I 100% GUARANTEE that if Obama had even said 1 of the things that trump has said then this would be a completely different conversation because Obama wouldn't made it past go to be the presidential nominee. So yes trump's words (and actions) have gotten people pissed since he is the leader of this country.

From 2016 to 2017 hate crimes motivated by race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability and gender have all increased (per the federal justice department).
So you think people should just be ok with that and stay silent?

Lastly in regards to cops, I'm glad you recognize that some are racist. Again, no one ever said that EVERY SINGLE PERSON OR COP in this country is racist. However, when you have a racist history that is in every fabric of your life, then what do you think is going to happen? Cops have the ability to literally change a person's life forever and/or to kill them. So yeah it's pretty damn important that there are ZERO racist cops. Same with doctors since we literally have the ability to change and end people's lives. I don't care as much if my garbage person is racist, but my doctor or a cop, of course I'm going to make a big damn deal about them being racist and the need for overhaul in the system. You really should read about the history of racism, the justice system and police so maybe you'll understand why it's problem.

I'm certainly not a victim and I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who are involved in organizations with me don't feel that way either. If I could I certainly would not change the fact that I'm a black woman, no way. However, we're not going to stay silent and we are going to teach the next generation how to deal with a world that isn't always friendly (notice I didn't say never friendly). Maybe the truth hurts? But it certainly is the truth. You should consider that since you're raising kids, specifically daughters, so that you can prepare them for the world.

So since you asked, my point is that hopefully the next president and other politicians will understand the importance of this to use their words and actions to enact policies that emphasize the importance of attempting to help lessen and eliminate racism, sexism, homophobic, and xenophobia because right now the exact opposite seems to be happening....hence why people are upset. It would be nice if people had some empathy and understanding.
 
I am saying my everyday reality is not yours, and don’t speak in such all in compassing platitudes about conditions and situations you don’t have to experience on a daily basis. Speak for yourself relative to your own corner of the world, not some blanket platitude.

And as to your comment about white folks getting killed by cops, that’s either just ignorant or being lazy on drilling down on the statistics. Specifically, as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.
According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. This means black Americans are over 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers. Facts, not pithy platitudes ...

You have it all wrong. Just be a good negro and everything will be ok!
Thumbs up!!!
 
You have it all wrong. Just be a good negro and everything will be ok!
Thumbs up!!!
It reminds me the comments and critiques of those on the right, that say athletes should just play and not comment on society and current events. How they miss and wish to a return to a time when they could place a more blanket objectification on those athletes, akin to “step and fetch”. So, come out boy, entertain me with your athletic feats, but dare not show you have an opinion and a perspective to add to the national discourse, as I don’t view you as an individual and person, but merely chattel here for my entertainment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It reminds me the comments and critiques of those on the right, that say athletes should just play and not comment on society and current events. How they miss and wish to a return to a time when they could place a more blanket objectification on those athletes, akin to “step and fetch”. So, come out boy, entertain me with your athletic feats, but dare not show you have an opinion and a perspective to add to the national discourse, as I don’t view you as an individual and person, but merely chattel here for my entertainment.

Exactly.
Like a new age minstrel show!

(Lets silently take bets on how many people learned about minstrel shows and their history while growing up...)
 

Only the best (criminals) serve on the Trump team

It’s worthwhile noting that we have no clue what’s being said in these hearings and everything should be taken with a grain of a salt. This very obviously being done in a partisan manner with one side completely controlling both the source and flow of information. That’s not to say this whole thing doesn’t bring Trump down, it very well may, but nobody should feel good about the way this is going down. The ends don’t justify the means. And when Republicans use the same playbook in 2021 or 2025 or whenever, don’t forget you condoned this in the past (not literally you Medgator). This whole thing is ugly. For as unfit for the office as Trump has been, I can't say that there exist many Democratic house members much more fit for their current offices.
 
It’s worthwhile noting that we have no clue what’s being said in these hearings and everything should be taken with a grain of a salt. This very obviously being done in a partisan manner with one side completely controlling both the source and flow of information. That’s not to say this whole thing doesn’t bring Trump down, it very well may, but nobody should feel good about the way this is going down. The ends don’t justify the means. And when Republicans use the same playbook in 2021 or 2025 or whenever, don’t forget you condoned this in the past (not literally you Medgator). This whole thing is ugly. For as unfit for the office as Trump has been, I can't say that there exist many Democratic house members much more fit for their current offices.
Trump's been plenty treasonous in public, no Dems needed. Just look at the comments in helenski or how he asked China to investigate Joe Biden.

He's obstructed the flow of information since he was candidate, starting with his tax returns. Dems are merely returning the favor
 
Last edited:
Trump's been plenty treasonous in public, no Dems needed. Just look at the comments in helenski or how he asked China to investigate Joe Biden.

He's obstructed the flow of information since he was candidate, starting with his tax returns
True. Hey, the Rs could have had a person with real expertise in both the intelligence community and cyber security (former CIA agent and owner of a consulting business in cyber security) in Will Hurd of San Antonio, but in ridiculous move, had a bovine farmer chair the intelligence committee—so very telling.
 
True. Hey, the Rs could have had a person with real expertise in both the intelligence community and cyber security (former CIA agent and owner of a consulting business in cyber security) in Will Hurd of San Antonio, but in ridiculous move, had a bovine farmer chair the intelligence committee—so very telling.
Will didn't tow the party line. Independent thinkers aren't allowed in the GOP these days. Either MAGA with Trump or GTFO of the GOP

 
Will didn't tow the party line. Independent thinkers aren't allowed in the GOP these days. Either MAGA with Trump or GTFO of the GOP

It’s true. So many, even some here, talk about meeting in the middle and finding common ground—but the reality is quite stark. Hurd was heads and shoulders the most qualified and a very measured and prepared person, but he was basically excommunicated from the R party. Last I looked, how many ex CIA agents of color, that actually live in a border region and are a Republican....oh, that would be zilch now.
 
Trump's been plenty treasonous in public, no Dems needed. Just look at the comments in helenski or how he asked China to investigate Joe Biden.

He's obstructed the flow of information since he was candidate, starting with his tax returns

That's just whataboutism. Trump says a lot of stupid ****. No one can argue that. He asks for investigations into everything...go see his comments about Netflix and SNL both requiring investigations. He has zero filter. None of this is a surprise. The Mueller report basically said "Trump says a lot of stupid stuff, but none of it resulted in obstruction".

He didn't release his tax returns. I can understand the argument for why he should, but is nowhere required to do so. We do have the ability to ensure that's never allowed to happen....but rather than pass that legislation, or really any legislation, the house is busy taking up a faux-impeachment, the Green New deal, an "anti-hate" declaration that was watered down after blatant antisemitism from one of their members, etc.

It's disingenuous to say he's been blatantly treasonous, he'd have been impeached already if that was the case. That's been the goal since his inauguration. Like I said, maybe this all comes to fruition, but currently it's just making politics more ugly. Republicans stonewalled Obama, particularly after the ACA. This is the oneupmanship of that. Don't worry, they'll join their Democratic counterparts next chance they have the opportunity, I have very little doubt of that.

Instead of working for the American people, they're running around doing this faux-impeachment crap. **** or get off the pot. Take a vote and either open the inquiry or don't. Instead, we're going to be doing this thing up until the next election, with the Dems hoping it'll take down Trump w/o ever having to take a vote, and therefore jeopardize their moderate purple representatives. Instead of working on the surprise medical billing, pharma, infrastructure, etc., they're doing this horse and pony show. Maybe the will find a smoking gun, but Schiff spent the last few years on CNN telling us how he had some sort of classified information that would get Trump.
 
.

It's disingenuous to say he's been blatantly treasonous, he'd have been impeached already if that was the case.

That's where you're unbelievably, undeniably wrong. Maybe you havent noticed, but the only people on the right who have spoken out against Trump are those who are resigning, not seeking reelection for a few years or ever, or switching parties (Flake, Amash, Romney etc). Anyone who dares will get ripped on Twitter and primaried so fast it would make their head spin. Even superwarhawk Lindsey Graham can only manage a "pretty please daddy won't you reconsider?" in light of the debacle unfolding in Syria.

A couple other things.

1. No full vote is required to open an impeachment inquiry although I suspect Nancy will do so soon anyway just to shut everyone up. Additionally, I suspect Mitch will create a farce or a charade when the Senate holds a trial, however that is constitutionally his prerogative.

2. Republicans changed the rules in 2015 to allow unilateral House subpoena power which they employed dozens and dozen of times while Obama officials complied. Now in true hypocritical form they are brewing a constitutional crisis by not complying with House subpoena power. Absolutely shameful.

3. Please research how long it took Republicans to come around to impeachment during the Watergate hearings. You honestly could not be anymore wrong when you say "he'd have been impeached already"

4. About the tax return thing, saying "nowhere required to do so" is sad commentary about the standard to which you think we should hold a president
 
The 24 hour news cycle is horrible, so I agree with you on that.
My apologies if I attributed the quote about racism and sexism doesn't exist to you, someone else must've said it.

I'm not sure what you mean by hysteria.
I guess previously you weren't aware of the fight that marginalized people were putting up since social media and the 24 hour news cycle wasn't around?
Trust me, as long as I've been alive my family and friends have been a part of organizations and protests and movements to better things in this country. From slavery to jim crow laws to now, this is nothing new for us. As @BoolaHI said giving black kids, specifically black boys, the talk about how to interact with the police is nothing new since police brutality is nothing new. Teaching girls how to stay safe around boys/men is nothing new since sexual assault is nothing new. So this "hysteria" about racism and sexism is nothing new, but maybe you were unaware of it before since the news didn't cover things 24/7 and there was no social media?

And then what do you think is going to happen when you have a president who says mexico is bringing their rapists and that he likes to grab women by the *****???????? I mean come on now, for people not to react to that would be pretty insane. Of course there is going to be hysteria. Would you be ok with your daughter's teachers or coaches talking to them like that and acting like that? I 100% GUARANTEE that if Obama had even said 1 of the things that trump has said then this would be a completely different conversation because Obama wouldn't made it past go to be the presidential nominee. So yes trump's words (and actions) have gotten people pissed since he is the leader of this country.

From 2016 to 2017 hate crimes motivated by race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability and gender have all increased (per the federal justice department).
So you think people should just be ok with that and stay silent?

Lastly in regards to cops, I'm glad you recognize that some are racist. Again, no one ever said that EVERY SINGLE PERSON OR COP in this country is racist. However, when you have a racist history that is in every fabric of your life, then what do you think is going to happen? Cops have the ability to literally change a person's life forever and/or to kill them. So yeah it's pretty damn important that there are ZERO racist cops. Same with doctors since we literally have the ability to change and end people's lives. I don't care as much if my garbage person is racist, but my doctor or a cop, of course I'm going to make a big damn deal about them being racist and the need for overhaul in the system. You really should read about the history of racism, the justice system and police so maybe you'll understand why it's problem.

I'm certainly not a victim and I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who are involved in organizations with me don't feel that way either. If I could I certainly would not change the fact that I'm a black woman, no way. However, we're not going to stay silent and we are going to teach the next generation how to deal with a world that isn't always friendly (notice I didn't say never friendly). Maybe the truth hurts? But it certainly is the truth. You should consider that since you're raising kids, specifically daughters, so that you can prepare them for the world.

So since you asked, my point is that hopefully the next president and other politicians will understand the importance of this to use their words and actions to enact policies that emphasize the importance of attempting to help lessen and eliminate racism, sexism, homophobic, and xenophobia because right now the exact opposite seems to be happening....hence why people are upset. It would be nice if people had some empathy and understanding.

Maybe I’m not being clear in how I’m articulating things, cause you seem to be missing my point. Put it this way....Do you feel the current state of media, both mainstream and social media, is promoting racial healing? Or do you think the obsession with pushing race based and identity based stories is pushing people farther apart. Railing on the fake wage gap, making every potential race-based police interaction headline news round the clock, insinuating (or outright saying) that half the country is racist for their political beliefs, and pushing the overall narrative that we have a SYSTEMIC racism problem in America (not that certain individuals can be racist), is any of that helpful?

Your specific wording of us having racism in “every fabric” of our lives and we need an “overhaul in the system” implies that you think we have systemic racism. Not that you think EVERYONE is racist, but implies that you disagree that it’s just a small minority. You seem to believe that it’s ingrained in our system. And yeah, back in the day that was true, but I don’t believe that’s the case today. But that’s the narrative that is pushed, and that’s the narrative that’s harmful IMO. If a cop acts out of personal racism instead of following protocol, punish them. And cops that are found guilty of that are punished. The end. Or so it should be.

Instead, the media sensationalizes everything, jumps to (often wrong) conclusions, pushes the racism narrative and stokes up outrage - which is good for ratings, makes minority communities hate the cops because they imply it/state outright that they acted they way they did out of racism, EVEN WHEN THE BLACK VICTIM IS HARMED BY A BLACK COP SOMETIMES, people protest, people riot, respect for cops goes down, future interactions with cops are predisposed to go bad because of lack of respect, fear, and anger due to all the slanted media, and the cycle continues.

So again, I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist, but I’m saying the current culture that over exaggerates everything and wants to immediately characterize every person as racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe etc is harming our country. Not promoting healing through discussing topics that need to be discussed.

And I’m guessing the response is going to be, well, look what trump says and he’s dividing the country too. And I’m some respects I agree with that. I’m already on record saying I don’t like a lot of what he says and tweets, but I think the much bigger problem is the media condemning every action, every word of trump as hateful, racist rhetoric. Like the prevailing leftist thought that even the idea of enforcing our borders is racist. It’s racist overload. Save the condemnation for actual racism, otherwise it becomes a buzzing in the ears that most people ignore. And that’s why trump will win again. The media has done nothing but try and slander trump day in and day out that I think most of the country just tunes it out, so even if there is something actually bad, it just gets lumped in with the shameless, unfounded, never ending cries of racist/wolf.
 
Last edited:
Maybe I’m not being clear in how I’m articulating things, cause you seem to be missing my point. Put it this way....Do you feel the current state of media, both mainstream and social media, is promoting racial healing? Or do you think the obsession with pushing race based and identity based stories is pushing people farther apart. Railing on the fake wage gap, making every potential race-based police interaction headline news round the clock, insinuating (or outright saying) that half the country is racist for their political beliefs, and pushing the overall narrative that we have a SYSTEMIC racism problem in America (not that certain individuals can be racist), is any of that helpful?

Your specific wording of us having racism in “every fabric” of our lives and we need an “overhaul in the system” implies that you think we have systemic racism. Not that you think EVERYONE is racist, but implies that you disagree that it’s just a small minority. You seem to believe that it’s ingrained in our system. And yeah, back in the day that was true, but I don’t believe that’s the case today. But that’s the narrative that is pushed, and that’s the narrative that’s harmful IMO. If a cop acts out of personal racism instead of following protocol, punish them. And cops that are found guilty of that are punished. The end. Or so it should be.

Instead, the media sensationalizes everything, jumps to (often wrong) conclusions, pushes the racism narrative and stokes up outrage - which is good for ratings, makes minority communities hate the cops because they imply it/state outright that they acted they way they did out of racism, EVEN WHEN THE BLACK VICTIM IS HARMED BY A BLACK COP SOMETIMES, people protest, people riot, respect for cops goes down, future interactions with cops are predisposed to go bad because of lack of respect, fear, and anger due to all the slanted media, and the cycle continues.

So again, I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist, but I’m saying the current culture that over exaggerates everything and wants to immediately characterize every person as racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe etc is harming our country. Not promoting healing through discussing topics that need to be discussed.

And I’m guessing the response is going to be, well, look what trump says and he’s dividing the country too. And I’m some respects I agree with that. I’m already on record saying I don’t like a lot of what he says and tweets, but I think the much bigger problem is the media condemning every action, every word of trump as hateful, racist rhetoric. Like the prevailing leftist thought that even the idea of enforcing our borders is racist. It’s racist overload. Save the condemnation for actual racism, otherwise it becomes a buzzing in the ears that most people ignore. And that’s why trump will win again. The media has done nothing but try and slander trump day in and day out that I think most of the country just tunes it out, so even if there is something actually bad, it just gets lumped in with the shameless, unfounded, never ending cries of racist/wolf.

Gotcha.
Ok so now this is a discussion about the media. Yes I agree that 24/7 news cycle isn't doing anybody any good. Hence why I said previously I don't own a tv. I vet my news sources pretty well. So when you said "you need to turn off msnbc" that is 100% incorrect and offensive since I don't watch msnbc and all of my responses have been based on my personal experience and pretty well informed research.

I 100% agree with you about the media. They negatively portray certain people that is unnecessary and harmful. There has been lots of data collection on the fact that in general the media portrays black victims in worse light than white criminals. So yes the media has a part in contributing to bias.

And yes systemic racism and sexism is still a problem. Slavery "officially" ended in 1865, my grandmother who is still alive was born in 1917. Brown vs the Board of Education was declared in 1954, my parents were born in 1954 and 1955. So people who believed in and created such policies are still alive with those beliefs. Do you really think that they magically went away within a few decades? You quoted that there are only 3000 KKK members. So 3000 is an ok number for you? I certainly won't be happy until there are zero KKK members, same as zero racists cops since again they can ruin and end someone's life in a second. But clearly I'm not going to convince you of any of this, but if you are interested there are plenty of well-regarded articles and books on this issue if you'd like to inform yourself further. There is a wealth of information out there outside of the main stream media and there are also plenty of people out there living these experiences that you can interact with.

I've gotten off facebook within the past year. But to answer your question, yes I do think that some social media has helped with "racial healing." I have noticed more and more white people discussing and learning about racism and men discussing sexism then I've experienced before. I don't think any issues will ever change if people completely ignore them and say they don't exist, so I do feel as though social media has played a helpful role in people's awareness that has been positive in my circles.

And my last point since you mentioned Black cops harming Black victims, yes that is also a problem. Yes that should still be protested if the harm or shooting was not warranted. Unfortunately, EVERYONE has bias, myself included since we all live in the same country/world. However, I recognize my biases to try to counter them instead of ignore them. That is why people protest and demand specific actions to help counter these biases and racism. Have you ever taken the Harvard Implicit Bias tests? If you haven't, then I encourage you to do so.
 
Last edited:
Gotcha.
Ok so now this is a discussion about the media. Yes I agree that 24/7 news cycle isn't doing anybody any good. Hence why I said previously I don't own a tv. I vet my news sources pretty well. So when you said "you need to turn off msnbc" that is 100% incorrect and offensive since I don't watch msnbc and all of my responses have been based on my personal experience and pretty well informed research.

I 100% disagree with you about the media. They negatively portray certain people that is unnecessary and harmful. There has been lots of data collection on the fact that in general the media portrays black victims in worse light than white criminals. So yes the media has a part in contributing to bias.

And yes systemic racism and sexism is still a problem. Slavery "officially" ended in 1865, my grandmother who is still alive was born in 1917. Brown vs the Board of Education was declared in 1954, my parents were born in 1954 and 1955. So people who believed in and created such policies are still alive with those beliefs. Do you really think that they magically went away within a few decades? You quoted that there are only 3000 KKK members. So 3000 is an ok number for you? I certainly won't be happy until there are zero KKK members, same as zero racists cops since again they can ruin and end someone's life in a second. But clearly I'm not going to convince you of any of this, but if you are interested there are plenty of well-regarded articles and books on this issue if you'd like to inform yourself further. There is a wealth of information out there outside of the main stream media and there are also plenty of people out there living these experiences that you can interact with.

I've gotten off facebook within the past year. But to answer your question, yes I do think that some social media has helped with "racial healing." I have noticed more and more white people discussing and learning about racism and men discussing sexism then I've experienced before. I don't think any issues will ever change if people completely ignore them and say they don't exist, so I do feel as though social media has played a helpful role in people's awareness that has been positive in my circles.

And my last point since you mentioned Black cops harming Black victims, yes that is also a problem. Yes that should still be protested if the harm or shooting was not warranted. Unfortunately, EVERYONE has bias, myself included since we all live in the same country/world. However, I recognize my biases to try to counter them instead of ignore them. That is why people protest and demand specific actions to help counter these biases and racism. Have you ever taken the Harvard Implicit Bias tests? If you haven't, then I encourage you to do so.

Ok, well obviously we are miles apart if you think the problem with the media worth mentioning is how they are biased against minorities and not the other way around. So I’ll stop beating a dead horse. But I will say that I do appreciate the mostly civil, honest dialogue, unlike what has occurred with some other posters here. And no, I hadn’t heard about the Harvard thing, but I’ll for sure check it out. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Maybe I’m not being clear in how I’m articulating things, cause you seem to be missing my point. Put it this way....Do you feel the current state of media, both mainstream and social media, is promoting racial healing? Or do you think the obsession with pushing race based and identity based stories is pushing people farther apart. Railing on the fake wage gap, making every potential race-based police interaction headline news round the clock, insinuating (or outright saying) that half the country is racist for their political beliefs, and pushing the overall narrative that we have a SYSTEMIC racism problem in America (not that certain individuals can be racist), is any of that helpful?

Your specific wording of us having racism in “every fabric” of our lives and we need an “overhaul in the system” implies that you think we have systemic racism. Not that you think EVERYONE is racist, but implies that you disagree that it’s just a small minority. You seem to believe that it’s ingrained in our system. And yeah, back in the day that was true, but I don’t believe that’s the case today. But that’s the narrative that is pushed, and that’s the narrative that’s harmful IMO. If a cop acts out of personal racism instead of following protocol, punish them. And cops that are found guilty of that are punished. The end. Or so it should be.

Instead, the media sensationalizes everything, jumps to (often wrong) conclusions, pushes the racism narrative and stokes up outrage - which is good for ratings, makes minority communities hate the cops because they imply it/state outright that they acted they way they did out of racism, EVEN WHEN THE BLACK VICTIM IS HARMED BY A BLACK COP SOMETIMES, people protest, people riot, respect for cops goes down, future interactions with cops are predisposed to go bad because of lack of respect, fear, and anger due to all the slanted media, and the cycle continues.

So again, I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist, but I’m saying the current culture that over exaggerates everything and wants to immediately characterize every person as racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe etc is harming our country. Not promoting healing through discussing topics that need to be discussed.

And I’m guessing the response is going to be, well, look what trump says and he’s dividing the country too. And I’m some respects I agree with that. I’m already on record saying I don’t like a lot of what he says and tweets, but I think the much bigger problem is the media condemning every action, every word of trump as hateful, racist rhetoric. Like the prevailing leftist thought that even the idea of enforcing our borders is racist. It’s racist overload. Save the condemnation for actual racism, otherwise it becomes a buzzing in the ears that most people ignore. And that’s why trump will win again. The media has done nothing but try and slander trump day in and day out that I think most of the country just tunes it out, so even if there is something actually bad, it just gets lumped in with the shameless, unfounded, never ending cries of racist/wolf.
You seem to either think or promote the idea of racism is new, novel or just not being highlighted—it’s not. Summarily, the idea that we don't have any more room for people, or those people don't look like us, this is a long, ugly strain in American history, which has rather pronounced and delineated history.

CODE SWITCH
'Rapists,' 'Huts': Trump's Racist Dog Whistles Aren't New
Lawmakers Respond To Trump's Racist Comments: We Are Here To Stay
POLITICS
'They Are Free To Leave': Trump Accuses Congresswomen Of Hating America
Jennifer Wingard, a University of Houston professor who has looked at rhetoric and immigrant communities, traces this sentiment at least to 1798, when the U.S. passed a series of laws — together known as the the Alien and Sedition Acts — that were aimed at making citizenship more difficult for immigrants and deportation easier for U.S. authorities to carry out.

"The legislation is actually constructed for the ability to remove immigrants who are saying things against the U.S. government," she says, explaining that these laws were passed in a tumultuous political climate.

"We were starting to see different political parties and different politicians arguing for different ways that the government should be run. And it just happened that politically, they could try to maintain and try to withhold the status quo by putting it on the backs of immigrants."

Those laws established a pattern, she says, that would resurface with new waves of immigration and new perceived threats — from the Great Famine in Ireland and the Spanish-American War to the Great Depression and the attacks on Sept. 11.

You just thinks it’s exaggerated because you are not the blunt recipient of its actions and everyday ramifications.

"Every wave of immigration that gets in sees the next wave as the threat. That is the wave that is now going to take the jobs, that is now going to take things away," Wingard says. "The latest flow in is always the one that seems the most threatening."

Alan Kraut, a scholar at American University who is writing a history of anti-immigrant feeling in the U.S., says he saw this kind of thing play out firsthand when he was a child growing up in the Bronx.

"When kids had a fight in the street and the kids were from different ethnic groups, one kid would often say to the other: 'You and your parents go back where you came from,' " Kraut recalls.

"You know, it could mean Brooklyn. But it could also mean go back where you came from — you know, Russian Jews who came to the United States, southern Italians who came to the United States, Puerto Ricans newly arrived," he continues. "So when this came out of the mouth of this president who's from Queens, it sounded almost like a child saying that in my memory on the streets of New York."

The process renews often, Wingard says, and she says the sentiment remains steady even if the names of the targeted groups change.

Most of things being said, have already been said to the Irish, Polish, Jewish,....etc
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You seem to either think or promote the idea of racism is new, novel or just not being highlighted—it’s not. Summarily, the idea that we don't have any more room for people, or those people don't look like us, this is a long, ugly strain in American history, which has rather pronounced and delineated history.

CODE SWITCH
'Rapists,' 'Huts': Trump's Racist Dog Whistles Aren't New
Lawmakers Respond To Trump's Racist Comments: We Are Here To Stay
POLITICS
'They Are Free To Leave': Trump Accuses Congresswomen Of Hating America
Jennifer Wingard, a University of Houston professor who has looked at rhetoric and immigrant communities, traces this sentiment at least to 1798, when the U.S. passed a series of laws — together known as the the Alien and Sedition Acts — that were aimed at making citizenship more difficult for immigrants and deportation easier for U.S. authorities to carry out.

"The legislation is actually constructed for the ability to remove immigrants who are saying things against the U.S. government," she says, explaining that these laws were passed in a tumultuous political climate.

"We were starting to see different political parties and different politicians arguing for different ways that the government should be run. And it just happened that politically, they could try to maintain and try to withhold the status quo by putting it on the backs of immigrants."

Those laws established a pattern, she says, that would resurface with new waves of immigration and new perceived threats — from the Great Famine in Ireland and the Spanish-American War to the Great Depression and the attacks on Sept. 11.

You just thinks it’s exaggerated because you are not the blunt recipient of its actions and everyday ramifications.

"Every wave of immigration that gets in sees the next wave as the threat. That is the wave that is now going to take the jobs, that is now going to take things away," Wingard says. "The latest flow in is always the one that seems the most threatening."

Alan Kraut, a scholar at American University who is writing a history of anti-immigrant feeling in the U.S., says he saw this kind of thing play out firsthand when he was a child growing up in the Bronx.

"When kids had a fight in the street and the kids were from different ethnic groups, one kid would often say to the other: 'You and your parents go back where you came from,' " Kraut recalls.

"You know, it could mean Brooklyn. But it could also mean go back where you came from — you know, Russian Jews who came to the United States, southern Italians who came to the United States, Puerto Ricans newly arrived," he continues. "So when this came out of the mouth of this president who's from Queens, it sounded almost like a child saying that in my memory on the streets of New York."

The process renews often, Wingard says, and she says the sentiment remains steady even if the names of the targeted groups change.

Most of things being said, have already been said to the Irish, Polish, Jewish,....etc

I’m sorry, but you seem to lack some reading comprehension or something. How does anything you said relate to anything I’ve said? I read your post three times and I honestly have no clue how it’s a response to anything I’ve said.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’m sorry, but you seem to lack some reading comprehension or something. How does anything you said relate to anything I’ve said? I read your post three times and I honestly have no clue how it’s a response to anything I’ve said.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not surprising, as you are the same person that purposely misquoted facts about police violence on blacks, both your credibility and comprehension on these matters are very thin...
 
Not surprising, as you are the same person that purposely misquoted facts about police violence on blacks, both your credibility and comprehension on these matters are very thin...

Dude, your post addressed not having room for immigrants and people not looking like us, and me saying racism is a new idea. Find me one quote from any of posts that are even remotely related to any of those ideas and I’ll eat my words.

And I’ll address those police violence stats later when I have the time to break it down for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Dude, your post addressed not having room for immigrants and people not looking like us, and me saying racism is a new idea. Find me one quote from any of posts that are even remotely related to any of those ideas and I’ll eat my words.

And I’ll address those police violence stats later when I have the time to break it down for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not your dude, I’m not a frat bro, and I’m not your homie so don’t refer to me as such...
 
Dude, your post addressed not having room for immigrants and people not looking like us, and me saying racism is a new idea. Find me one quote from any of posts that are even remotely related to any of those ideas and I’ll eat my words.

And I’ll address those police violence stats later when I have the time to break it down for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And I don’t need you to break down or explain anything to me, as I’m more than capable to examine and understand the numbers.

Police have shot and killed a young black man (ages 18 to 29) — such as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. —175 times since January 2015; 24 of them were unarmed. Over that same period, police have shot and killed 172 young white men, 18 of whom were unarmed. Once again, while in raw numbers there were similar totals of white and black victims, blacks were killed at rates disproportionate to their percentage of the U.S. population. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nation’s population.

And, when considering shootings confined within a single race, a black person shot and killed by police is more likely to have been unarmed than a white person. About 13 percent of all black people who have been fatally shot by police since January 2015 were unarmed, compared with 7 percent of all white people. So, you going to somehow twist this and misrepresent these fairly clear numbers...
 
Deflect, deflect, deflect. Answer my question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s obvious you don’t want to turkey learn or examine anything, that’s a conscripted ruse, that you rather be a pedantic effete bystander, and not realize, as you speak, racism is just not alive and well, but being promoted. So, you hide behind some fox talking points, that allows you to go without guilt or even acknowledgment of what that means to the great swath of people of color. But, you know what, I don’t expect to convince you, as you have your little cul de sac of life and it’s obvious you have very little actual experience or time with communities of color....
 
It’s obvious you don’t want to turkey learn or examine anything, that’s a conscripted ruse, that you rather be a pedantic effete bystander, and not realize, as you speak, racism is just not alive and well, but being promoted. So, you hide behind some fox talking points, that allows you to go without guilt or even acknowledgment of what that means to the great swath of people of color. But, you know what, I don’t expect to convince you, as you have your little cul de sac of life and it’s obvious you have very little actual experience or time with communities of color....

Like I said, you just deflect. You made some silly post accusing me of saying things I never said. So when I say “show me where I said any such thing” you have no other choice but to rant. Or maybe all you wanna do is ‘take it outside’ like you wanted to to with radisrad. I dunno...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Like I said, you just deflect. You made some silly post accusing me of saying things I never said. So when I say “show me where I said any such thing” you have no other choice but to rant. Or maybe all you wanna do is ‘take it outside’ like you wanted to to with radisrad. I dunno...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope,,
Like I said, you just deflect. You made some silly post accusing me of saying things I never said. So when I say “show me where I said any such thing” you have no other choice but to rant. Or maybe all you wanna do is ‘take it outside’ like you wanted to to with radisrad. I dunno...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats
Deflect, deflect, deflect. Answer my question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And don’t instruct me or direct me to do
Like I said, you just deflect. You made some silly post accusing me of saying things I never said. So when I say “show me where I said any such thing” you have no other choice but to rant. Or maybe all you wanna do is ‘take it outside’ like you wanted to to with radisrad. I dunno...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, you don’t know...and that’s painfully obvious. But, I do appreciate you conflating and placing words in my mouth, as I made no suggestion of going outside to you. I can only assume this is the same idiosyncratic behavior and assumption you place on your limited relations with people of color. Again, it’s rare to be placed in such presumptive and condescending thought....kudos, job well done.
 
Nope,,

Thats

And don’t instruct me or direct me to do

Exactly, you don’t know...and that’s painfully obvious. But, I do appreciate you conflating and placing words in my mouth, as I made no suggestion of going outside to you. I can only assume this is the same idiosyncratic behavior and assumption you place on your limited relations with people of color. Again, it’s rare to be placed in such presumptive and condescending thought....kudos, job well done.

Nah, dude, I did presume anything. I simply alluded to when you puffed out your proverbial chest to radisrad and suggested you meet in person. You, on the other hand, made silly nonsense posts about there’s not being any room in this country and people who look different from us and you tried to associate that with me, despite ZERO statements by me about any such thing. And you validate that reality every time you fail to show any proof for your silly little post bro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nah, dude, I did presume anything. I simply alluded to when you puffed out your proverbial chest to radisrad and suggested you meet in person. You, on the other hand, made silly nonsense posts about there’s not being any room in this country and people who look different from us and you tried to associate that with me, despite ZERO statements by me about any such thing. And you validate that reality every time you fail to show any proof for your silly little post bro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nah, dude, I did presume anything. I simply alluded to when you puffed out your proverbial chest to radisrad and suggested you meet in person. You, on the other hand, made silly nonsense posts about there’s not being any room in this country and people who look different from us and you tried to associate that with me, despite ZERO statements by me about any such thing. And you validate that reality every time you fail to show any proof for your silly little post bro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First, that was not a confrontation, but to see me in person and to see in person that my story is neither embellished nor an outlier for many men of color. But, I guess for little boys like yourself, the opportunity to act sassy and cocky behind the veneer and protection of the internet is sort of your thing- sort of like how I specifically asked you not to call me dude or bro, but you ignoring that, when I know in person you would not try such cowardly BS...but it speaks volumes about yourself and how you feel you are entitled and empowered to treat people of color—rather telling.
 
First, that was not a confrontation, but to see me in person and to see in person that my story is neither embellished nor an outlier for many men of color. But, I guess for little boys like yourself, the opportunity to act sassy and cocky behind the veneer and protection of the internet is sort of your thing- sort of like how I specifically asked you not to call me dude or bro, but you ignoring that, when I know in person you would not try such cowardly BS...but it speaks volumes about yourself and how you feel you are entitled and empowered to treat people of color—rather telling.

Like I said, deflect deflect deflect. But that’s it, I’m done wasting my time interacting with you, it’s obviously pointless. Good luck to you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Mueller report basically said "Trump says a lot of stupid stuff, but none of it resulted in obstruction".

This is unequivocally false. Muellar could have made a statement exonerating the President. He could not and basically said that if it weren't for DOJ rules about indicting a sitting president, Trump could have been charged with obstruction. Trump is dead to rights on obstruction of justice. It is textbook open and shut. Not complying with subpoenas, abusing powers of the office, and making misleading statements are all obstruction of justice charges. If he was citizen Trump, he would have been booked 2 years ago. It's only his office of power that prevents that from happening.
 
Ok, well obviously we are miles apart if you think the problem with the media worth mentioning is how they are biased against minorities and not the other way around. So I’ll stop beating a dead horse. But I will say that I do appreciate the mostly civil, honest dialogue, unlike what has occurred with some other posters here. And no, I hadn’t heard about the Harvard thing, but I’ll for sure check it out. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the Harvard Implicit Biases tests:

Why Implicit Bias is Important to Understand - (link to full article below) Spoiler alert....it's not all just in our head or us being "hysterical"

"Joshua Correll, PhD, a psychologist at the University of Colorado, has explored one facet of implicit racial bias in a series of laboratory studies since 2000. He developed and tested a paradigm known as "the police officer's dilemma," using a first-person-shooter video game. Participants are presented with images of young men, white and black, holding either guns or innocuous objects such as cellphones or soda cans. The goal is to shoot armed targets but not unarmed targets.

The researchers found that participants shoot armed targets more often and more quickly if they're black rather than white, and refrain from shooting more often when the target is white. The most common mistakes are shooting an unarmed black target and failing to shoot an armed white target (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 2002)."

"In an analysis of national police-shootings data from 2011–14, for example, Cody T. Ross, a doctoral student in anthropology at the University of California, Davis, concluded there is "evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans." The probability of being black, unarmed and shot by police is about 3.5 times the probability of being white, unarmed and shot by police, he found (PLOS One, 2015).
Other studies conflict with that finding. Harvard University economist Roland G. Fryer Jr., PhD, examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments and found no racial differences in officer-involved shootings. Fryer did, however, find that black civilians are more likely to experience other types of force, including being handcuffed without arrest, pepper-sprayed or pushed to the ground by an officer (National Bureau of Economic Research, 2016).

Those disparities don't seem to arise from the fact that black Americans are more likely to commit crimes. Supporting this point is research by Phillip Atiba Goff, PhD, a social psychologist at the University of California, Los Angeles, co-founder of the Center for Policing Equity. Goff, Glaser and colleagues reviewed data from 12 police departments and found that black residents were more often subjected to police force than white residents, even after adjusting for whether the person had been arrested for violent crimes (Center for Policing Equity, 2016).

Other data show that black people are also more likely to be stopped by police."


You can find more research in regards to the media's negative portrayal of Black people and other people other color as well.
Same goes for looking up research about sexism and toxic masculinity.
I'm guessing racism and sexism are issues that you didn't learn about/discuss growing up and you don't plan on discussing with your kids?
I do understand how it could be easy to ignore something if you're unaware. For example, other than learning about the holocaust at home, my parents didn't discuss much about anti-semitism with me since it wasn't something that directly affected us on a regular basis. But now that I'm more aware, I've educated myself more and discuss it with others. I'm not doubling down that Jewish people are overreacting to anti-semitism, like you are saying we are about racism and sexism. Empathy can go a long way!
/End
 
This is unequivocally false. Muellar could have made a statement exonerating the President. He could not and basically said that if it weren't for DOJ rules about indicting a sitting president, Trump could have been charged with obstruction. Trump is dead to rights on obstruction of justice. It is textbook open and shut. Not complying with subpoenas, abusing powers of the office, and making misleading statements are all obstruction of justice charges. If he was citizen Trump, he would have been booked 2 years ago. It's only his office of power that prevents that from happening.

Yes exactly.
I wonder how many people have actually read the report?
I haven't gotten to all of it since it's so long, but the parts I've read do not seem to do the president any favors.

Conclusion:
Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President’s conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issuest hat would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time,if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.
 
Is anyone paying attention to what is happening in Syria?
How is trump’s decision good for foreign policy, US safety and ally safety? It seems like the US military leaders and foreign policy experts think his decision is a mistake. I need to read up more, this seems not good....

"As Turkey wages a violent campaign against Kurdish fighters and civilians across northeastern Syria, Turkish-backed proxy forces with ties to extremist groups are deliberately releasing detainees affiliated with the Islamic State from unguarded prisons, two U.S. officials confirmed to Foreign Policy."

 
. I’m already on record saying I don’t like a lot of what he says and tweets, but I think the much bigger problem is the media condemning every action, every word of trump as hateful, racist rhetoric.

The biggest problem Trump has with the media is how accountable they keep him in calling out his racism, lies, gaslighting etc, what have you. Not sure that's a bad thing, except to Trump and his supporters.

Trump would like nothing more than the media to be his puppet, they way it works for Putin, kim jong, xi and all the other authoritarians that he idolizes
 
Last edited:
The biggest problem Trump has with the media is how accountable they keep him in calling out his racism, lies, gaslighting etc, what have you. Not sure that's a bad thing, except to Trump and his supporters.

Trump would like nothing more than the media to be his puppet, they way it works for Putin, king jong, xi and all the other authoritarians that he idolizes

*sigh*

So in your world, is the media fair with their treatment of Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Ha, good one.

I mean, I guess it could be fun to live in a delusion...

Yeah?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The media is mirror to Trump.. lie and act more negative, well what do you think the media will report?

Take a step out of the faux news/breitbart echo chamber for once and try to think this through logically.

Sure the media may get it wrong from time to time and even misreport/lie. But I know who I would bet on for lying and gaslighting even more...
 
The media is mirror to Trump.. lie and act more negative, well what do you think the media will report?

Take a step out of the faux news/breitbart echo chamber for once and try to think this through logically.

Sure the media may get it wrong from time to time and even misreport/lie. But I know who I would bet on for lying and gaslighting even more...

In your special place, would you say CNN is news or opinion?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Their news is news and their opinion is opinion. Hopefully you understand the difference?

Unless we are talking about fake news?


Oh yeah? And which news anchors are their ‘opinion’ anchors? Cause the Hannitys and Tucker Carlsons of this world don’t claim to be unbiased. Can CNN claim the same?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oh yeah? And which news anchors are their ‘opinion’ anchors? Cause the Hannitys and Tucker Carlsons of this world don’t claim to be unbiased. Can CNN claim the same?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one said they did. But can faux news claim that? Maybe you should ask shep Smith. At least cnn keeps their opinion hacks at Bay better than faux where the opinion hack inmates are now running the jail


 
The media is mirror to Trump.. lie and act more negative, well what do you think the media will report?

Take a step out of the faux news/breitbart echo chamber for once and try to think this through logically.

Sure the media may get it wrong from time to time and even misreport/lie. But I know who I would bet on for lying and gaslighting even more...
Indeed. Point on.

And yet, in another sense, this all feels so familiar. How many times has Trump made a glandular, impulsive decision without heed to the facts, the consequences, or the advice of his own hand-picked advisers? Then, when criticism mounts, he and his defenders grab a sloppy paint pot of ideological buzzwords and campaign slogans in an attempt to camouflage the move as part of some grand theoretical framework or electoral mandate.
Trump and the handful of surrogates willing to defend this grotesquerie are quite comfortable arguing about “endless wars” and “Trump’s mandate” as an abstract matter. I think they’re wrong in nearly every particular. But even engaging in debate on those terms is a gift to the president.

So, who wrote this. Young hippie liberal, some I’ll-informed socialist, maybe an AOC wannabe, nope, just your super bonafide conservatives at the National Review.....when the right doesn’t really have your back, you know something is amiss.
 
No one said they did. But can faux news claim that? URL]

Umm, yes. You did. And yes, Fox News does.

I know, words can be hard....

You said CNN distinguishes between news and opinion. I said Fox News does, with Hannity and Carlson etc not ever being conflated with non-biased news coverage. I asked you to tell me who is CNNs opinion anchors, cause they don’t seem to do the same as Fox. To which you responded, no one said they did.....but....uh, you just did. See the problem? Take a minute.

So I’ll ask again.

Is Don lemon news or opinion?
Chris Cuomo news or opinion?
Anderson Cooper?

I’ll wait while you come up with a post that completes avoids answering three simple either or type questions....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I’ll ask again.

Is Don lemon news or opinion?
Chris Cuomo news or opinion?
Anderson Cooper?

I’ll wait while you come up with a post that completes avoids answering three simple either or type questions....

You tell me since you already seem to imply you have an answer. Hopefully you actually back it up with bonafide examples though.

At least you didn't contest the idea that the opinion hacks run faux news these days
 
You tell me since you already seem to imply you have an answer. Hopefully you actually back it up with bonafide examples though

Its a simple question. Do Lemon, Cuomo and Cooper claim to be new anchors or opinion journalists. It’s quite easy for me to delineate the hosts at Fox News, and I already have. Can you not to do the same? CNN claims they are all straight news. Just curious if you believe they are news or opinion. Is that so hard for you to answer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Its a simple question. Do Lemon, Cuomo and Cooper claim to be new anchors or opinion journalists. It’s quite easy for me to delineate the hosts at Fox News, and I already have. Can you not to do the same? CNN claims they are all straight news. Just curious if you believe they are news or opinion. Is that so hard for you to answer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get most of my news from npr so I don't have a great feel, but from the clips I've seen from Anderson he seems more legit than hannity. Zakaria feels more opinionated.
Npr >>> cnn or faux
 
I get most of my news from npr so I don't have a great feel, but from the clips I've seen from Anderson he seems more legit than hannity. Zakaria feels more opinionated.
Npr >>> cnn or faux

It really is hard for ya huh? YOU claimed CNN separated it’s new from opinion, you I asked you to clarify. Now you claim you don’t watch it so you have don’t have a great feel. So which is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It really is hard for ya huh? YOU claimed CNN separated it’s new from opinion, you I asked you to clarify. Now you claim you don’t watch it so you have don’t have a great feel. So which is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Already clarified. Maybe you should actually address my points first and try to legitimize faux news as still being a news outlet
 
Status
Not open for further replies.