William Carey University MBS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Southern_Weather

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start this for anyone who has been accepted and will be attending Carey's SMP. I was recently accepted and will definitely be attending! I was accepted to a couple other places including LMU but having done my undergrad here ( William Carey ) and having such an incredible experience, I want to stay with this school.

Anyway, please comment if you've been accepted here or have any helpful information regarding the program!
I look forward to meeting you guys this August!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to bump in hopes that some accepted students will see or someone with insider information.

Does anyone know of any linkage between their medical school and the program. I know their website states that it is 'viewed favorably by the admission committee' if you perform well but I was curious of any unofficial linkage.

Would also like to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted and will visit William Carey this week.
I wanted to start this for anyone who has been accepted and will be attending Carey's SMP. I was recently accepted and will definitely be attending! I was accepted to a couple other places including LMU but having done my undergrad here ( William Carey ) and having such an incredible experience, I want to stay with this school.

Anyway, please comment if you've been accepted here or have any helpful information regarding the program!
I look forward to meeting you guys this August!

I've been accepted and will visit William Carey this week. Did you get any information about the program from anyone who's done the program?

I was accepted also. Looking forward to this program. I've heard great things about them.

What do you guys think of this program vs. Mississippi College?

I know that the program at MC is more established, more widely recognized and generally well regarded among medical schools. They also accept more students and from what I've read, it is not particularly hard to get accepted (meet minimum criteria = accepted). William Carey's medical school opened in 2009 and so their SMP is quite young and not as well known. Even so, their program is a bit more selective. When I spoke with Dr. Roark (program director) he said they have an applicant pool upward of 200+ and they only accept ~30. Carey also requires a personal statement which MC does not, not a big deal, but it just seems that Carey cares more about who they are accepting and that they are a proper fit (which is important to me). Ultimately, if you have your heart set on attending Carey's medical school, as I do, you will be better off attending their SMP. If you are looking at a large number of schools, I'd recommend MC.

Thank you! I was thinking that too. I felt more confident in WCs holistic application process vs Mississippi College's. It felt like they wanted to do more than just take my money. I will be attending William Carey for the BMS this fall.

Hey I know this thread is old but I wanted to ask you all how you liked the WC MBS program? I was recently accepted and I would like to get a good idea of the program as well as thoughts pros/conc etc. Also for me I don't mind the tornado damage I'm still excited about doing the MBS program to help me be better prepared for medical school. Please feel free to message me too. I'm new to SDN so I don't know how to do everything on the website yet lol. Also if someone could enlighten me on how to make a new thread that would be awesome too!