PhD/PsyD William James College PsyD, Pacific University PsyD, or Palo Alto PhD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh it definitely adds up to a whole lot. Source: My FedLoan balance.

Had I known any better at the time, I'd have gone the funded PhD route.
Were you actually able to get in-state residency for tuition purposes? Most states specifically disallow this if you are in college/grad school and enter as an out-of-state resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Were you actually able to get in-state residency for tuition purposes? Most states specifically disallow this if you are in college/grad school and enter as an out-of-state resident.
The Midwest Student Exchange program allows individual institutions to determine reciprocity for in-state tuition discounts (150% of in-state for public institutions).

Reactions: 1 user

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595958084499.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595958084499.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I was. I worked my ass off to get all the documentation in before the first semester started. I had a $15k stipend and in state tuition covered for the first year and only needed a small loan to cover fees and I had a side job to make up the difference in CoL and my stipend. I made it very clear to RU that I had no intention of willingly moving back to where I came from haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Rutgers used to be nearly fully funded. Not sure how things are going now.

Some other PsyDs I've stumbled upon that you can consider should you be interested in lower cost options: William Paterson (fully funded, research focus) and James Madison (fully funded + assistantships for everyone, it's a combined Clinical/School program though), UHCL (combined Clinical/School, super cheap tuition).

EDIT: Oops, my data on William Paterson is a few years outdated. They do still offer full tuition waiver + stipend if you get an assistantship, but it is unclear what % of students get an assistantship.

There are quite a few PsyD programs out there that turn out good practitioners but are not worth the money. I've worked with great folks from George Washington, IUP, Yeshiva, and Antioch (he was an outlier though).

Reactions: 1 user