Test Tools win the ENTIRE Blueprints series!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's right! You could win the ENTIRE Blueprint Series! 7 titles total, $300 value.

Just leave a comment below sharing how you survived or how you are surviving your clerkship rotations. Plus, tell us, what resource is missing from the market that would make surviving the clerkship rotations easier? Winner will be chosen by the SDN staff.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would love to enter this raffle.

I survive the clerkships by always looking interested - even when I know this is not my field of choice. It goes a long way towards making the house staff appreciate your presence and really, if you don't go into that field this will be some of your only exposure so it pays to enjoy it.

What would make surviving easier? a smaller book to go inside my white coat pocket. i can't carry these larger books around to grab quick 15 minute reads whenever I can and reading off a screen can tire ones eyes..

Would these be applicable to medical students at schools that begin doing mini-rotations during the pre-clinical years? If so, which one is the best introduction?

Would these be applicable to medical students at schools that begin doing mini-rotations during the pre-clinical years? If so, which one is the best introduction?

I actually found Blueprints Medicine to be clutch for Pathophysiology-
Plus its a quick read and won't interrupt the busy schedule juggling classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, the most important thing to solidify for clerkships is your own learning style and working that into your schedule. For the busy rotations like Surgery, I found it best to read in between patients about whatever case I had just seen/ was about to see.

A lot of current 3rd years have really recommended the Blueprint series. Very concise tool to utilize to preview before starting as well. You guys should make an online version and a question bank, that would be awesome!

noting every single drug i'm unsure of that i see during the day and studying up on them has helped immensely with the many drugs that are prescribed. some of them i have to look up over and over to remind myself but it sticks after a while. also, making sure i study and learn well at least 2-3 different illnesses/problems that i saw during that day of work helps out:thumbup:

and yes, smaller yet fairly comprehensive books are always nice but not terribly plentiful

Small, on the go reference books are great for clerkships especially when you have some down time and need a study source. Blueprints for OB/gyn was very helpful for mt OB shelf.

The neurology and psych books helped me not only in systems but the respective clerkships as well. I especially love the Surgery title. Surgery can be hard for a medical student to get accustomed to, especially if the classroom lectures did not emphasize surgery as a major topic. Surgery is alot of "monkey see, monkey do" but the Surgery Blueprints title was a nice and concise source to review the highyield points. It helped me and I strongly recommend it to all.

I found the Medicine title to be very helpful for my Family Med rotation (haven't done any others yet).

If they're not already, it would be great to have the option to purchase Kindle versions of these books - and if there was an iPhone/Android app of related questions, it would be great!

I survived Family Medicine (as a student) by doing reading during what typically would have been leisure time. The doctors and interns were great but having Blueprints would have made their job easier by giving me a frame of reference for their teaching.

I survived Family Medicine (as a person) by understanding and remembering that we aren't always seeing people at their best. It's a lot easier to be helpful and learn when keeping that in mind.

I'd like to have more information about the thought process of test taking and medical decision making.

Thanks for considering my entry,

Jake

I survive by using all my down time to read. These are great resources for 3rd year rotations. OB/GYN was right on the money for the shelf. I like to read them once during the first week and then again during the study period, and I've looked pretty good so far.

The psych was awesome! I like the medication part. I would love to win the whole package.