Technology Winamp users, Shoutcast function

Started by sunny123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone use Shoutcast TV? I just found this nifty thing and have been watching streams from everyshowsucks.com (Chapelle's show, Family Guy, Star Trek TNG, X-Files) and streams from saltwaterchimp.com (Penn and Teller, Seinfeld, Monty Python), and whole bunch of other streams (classic tv shows like Sherlock holmes, the little rascals). The one reason why this is good is that the bitrate is ok, and the lag isn't too bad. The one thing about the streams from everyshowsucks.com is that if a paid susbcriber comes on, and you are occupying a spot, then you get booted off. This only happens with their streams, and no one elses.

If I do go overseas, then I'd consider paying the 5 bucks a month for all access to their streams, instead of paying for cable. Anyone else use Shoutcast? I mean, you get to watch every signle episode, without any commercials, in sequence.

The Shoutcast radio function is also cool. PLenty of channels to choose from. I like this waay better than WMP's Radio tuner.