Wingate DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPThopeful98

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just recently got accepted in Wingates 2021 cohort. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten accepted or if anyone was planning on applying!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I’m also applying to Wingate and I’m still waiting on a response. I applied during early decision so hopefully I’ll find out soon. Feeling very anxious to find out whether I got in or not. How were you notify that you been accepted and when did you apply to the program?

Congratulations! I’m also applying to Wingate and I’m still waiting on a response. I applied during early decision so hopefully I’ll find out soon. Feeling very anxious to find out whether I got in or not. How were you notify that you been accepted and when did you apply to the program?
Well, best of luck to you! I was notified via a phone call from Mrs. Clark. I applied early decision as well. My application was sent to Wingate around August 5th, but I don't believe they began officially reviewing applications until after the early decision deadline of August 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, best of luck to you! I was notified via a phone call from Mrs. Clark. I applied early decision as well. My application was sent to Wingate around August 5th, but I don't believe they began officially reviewing applications until after the early decision deadline of August 15th.
Sounds good! I applied on the 15th. I already had every requirement needed, I was just nervous on the essay portion so I waited to submit my application. I’m just really nervous and I just can’t wait, the suspense is just so annoying. I just want to know if I got in or not. Hopefully I’ll be in the program with you.

Congrats!!! I also applied early decision and my application was accepted and put under review on August 15th. Hopefully the three of us are accepted! I agree! The anxiety is killing me and I just want to know! Good luck!!

Congrats!!! I also applied early decision and my application was accepted and put under review on August 15th. Hopefully the three of us are accepted! I agree! The anxiety is killing me and I just want to know! Good luck!!
I hope so too! Good luck to you as well! Hope that we are all in the program together!

I hope ya'll are accepted as well! Best of luck to you both!!

Sounds good! I applied on the 15th. I already had every requirement needed, I was just nervous on the essay portion so I waited to submit my application. I’m just really nervous and I just can’t wait, the suspense is just so annoying. I just want to know if I got in or not. Hopefully I’ll be in the program with you.
I hope you get in as well! And I agree it was extremely stressful. I feel like I was more anxious after submitting my application then I was during the entire application process.

I agree! Hitting that submit button Is one of the most terrifying things. I usually need a glass of wine on stand by after submitting just to take the edge off haha!

• Haha
I submitted my application on Monday. Does anyone know around how long it takes to hear back?

Hello everyone! I just recently got accepted in Wingates 2021 cohort. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten accepted or if anyone was planning on applying!!
Just got the acceptance call from Wingate! I'm waiting to hear back from several other schools before I put down my deposit. Anyone else planning on attending Wingate?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I also got an acceptance call this back week. I am waiting to finish more interviews and hear back from other schools as well. I am taking a tour early December to get a fill for the school! Does anybody have any information on the school other than what’s on the website?

Hey! I also got an acceptance call this back week. I am waiting to finish more interviews and hear back from other schools as well. I am taking a tour early December to get a fill for the school! Does anybody have any information on the school other than what’s on the website?
Would you mind sharing your stats?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call from Wingate! I'm waiting to hear back from several other schools before I put down my deposit. Anyone else planning on attending Wingate?
Congrats on also getting accepted! If you decide to place your deposit I would be super excited to meet one of my new cohort members!

Congrats on also getting accepted! I have already toured and even sat in on a Cadaver lab back in January so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them!

Would you mind sharing your stats?!

University: Georgia Southern University
Major: Athletic Training
Overall GPA: 3.73
Pre-Req GPA: 3.78
GRE: 151 Math and 148 Verbal; 4 Writing

Because my major was athletic training, I had a lot of hands on experience for three years. I probably have 2,000+ hours in the outpatient setting. I currently work as a PT Aide right now. I have like 15 hours for inpatient.

When did you apply ? My application was sent the later part of October ...

Congrats on also getting accepted! I have already toured and even sat in on a Cadaver lab back in January so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them!
. Congrats! If you do not mind me asking what were your stats ?

. Congrats! If you do not mind me asking what were your stats ?
Yes, Not a problem!

I am completing my bachelors of exercise science at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte-I will graduate in 2020.
My Overall GPA: 3.78
My Pre-req GPA: 3.73
GRE: Math-149, Verbal-153, Writing-4

Did a wide variety of shadowing including post-op, acute care, and nursing homes. Conjured up roughly 718 hours in total. I also gained a wide variety of experience in PT modalities such as electric stimulation and ultrasound work.

I submitted my application on Monday. Does anyone know around how long it takes to hear back?

I submitted my application around early August for early decision.
Early decision closed on August 15th.
I received my acceptance called August 28th.

So since I had to wait for ED to close before the review process because it took roughly two weeks for me.

I am looking to apply to Wingate and my overall GPA: 3.26 and my Pre-Rec GPA: 3.8, is it worth applying with these GPAs?

I am looking to apply to Wingate and my overall GPA: 3.26 and my Pre-Rec GPA: 3.8, is it worth applying with these GPAs?
Your pre-req GPA is definitely very solid and would be above average for most programs. I would suggest retaking a couple of courses to get your overall GPA up if possible. I think you definitely have a shot at getting into PT school. There are also so many other factors the admissions committee considers that go beyond your GPA (essay, experiences, hours, etc).

Hi, I received my acceptance letter for Wingate a few weeks ago. I am about to submit my deposit while I wait to hear from an in-state school. Do you mind sharing your experience during the tour and whether you plan to attend?

Hi, I received my acceptance letter for Wingate a few weeks ago. I am about to submit my deposit while I wait to hear from an in-state school. Do you mind sharing your experience during the tour and whether you plan to attend?
Congrats on the acceptance! I will be attending Wingate for their 2021 cohort. Firstly the anatomy professor was truly an intelligent and personable individual. He not only helped students who were stuck but happily engaged in the cadaver work and was extremely hands-on with the material and the bodies. Everything was very hands-on and the student's talked to me about how the course style was very effective. A bonus of Wingate versus other programs is the fact that unlike other graduate programs, we have our own cadaver's just for us. That means we do not have to share with the OT program nor PA program which is different from other schools at least here in North Carolina. It gives a more realistic experience of the dissection without having to follow the lines already created by other students. Plus, Wingate recently partnered with Novant to allow for the PT students to take part in assisted surgical procedures with cadaver labs. I have never heard of another school doing that personally. When it came to the actual tour, the best part of it for me was the fact that the professor's actually cared. They cared about the well-being of the students and when asked what their goals with working at Wingate were, they answered it was to help the student's in this program thrive. So this fact, plus the fact that their certification exam passing rate is officially 100% really sealed the deal for me!