wingate drug question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mary227

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am beginning the program at wingate this fall and was sent a letter awhile back about a drug test at the orientation... i am a little freaked out about it because about 5 months ago i was at a concert and had a small puff of some pot that a friend had brought. now i know that it's not still in my system, however i have terrified myself with thoughts of hair folicle tests and spinal taps. can a student at wingate please reassure me that it is just a urine test and that i have nothing to worry about?

Members don't see this ad.

mary227 said:
i am beginning the program at wingate this fall and was sent a letter awhile back about a drug test at the orientation... i am a little freaked out about it because about 5 months ago i was at a concert and had a small puff of some pot that a friend had brought. now i know that it's not still in my system, however i have terrified myself with thoughts of hair folicle tests and spinal taps. can a student at wingate please reassure me that it is just a urine test and that i have nothing to worry about?
Wingate is right up the road from me. I turned down their acceptance letter because there was no way they were going to give me a spinal tap like they do for all their incoming students.

Ah yes, the traditional indoctrination lumbar puncture. My friend a few years ago failed that and we haven't seen from him since. Word around campus is he got put in Chino for 3-5years, you should be afraid.

Members don't see this ad :)
RyanMaverick said:
Ah yes, the traditional indoctrination lumbar puncture. My friend a few years ago failed that and we haven't seen from him since. Word around campus is he got put in Chino for 3-5years, you should be afraid.
i must say, i am very disapointed. i found this site by accident and was happy because i really have been stressing out about this. i don't appreciate being made fun of. of course they don't give spinal taps, but it wouldn't kill you to put my mind at ease, would it?

mary227 said:
It's a urine test. Don't sweat it. I asked about it during my Wingate interview... I asked the student guide not my interviewer :p

Caverject said:
Wingate is right up the road from me. I turned down their acceptance letter because there was no way they were going to give me a spinal tap like they do for all their incoming students.
What a scrote!!!

Sorry about that. I had figured you made the spinal tap comment in jest anyways. Almost all drug screening tests will be urine as its a fairly cheap dipstick test. Running follicle samples or blood tests is too invasive and MUCH too costly for a school to do for 100+ students. For the purposes of a urine sample, a small amount of pot should be out of your system long before 5+months. You've got no worries bud.

RyanMaverick said:
Sorry about that. I had figured you made the spinal tap comment in jest anyways. Almost all drug screening tests will be urine as its a fairly cheap dipstick test. Running follicle samples or blood tests is too invasive and MUCH too costly for a school to do for 100+ students. For the purposes of a urine sample, a small amount of pot should be out of your system long before 5+months. You've got no worries bud.

great, thanks so much to everyone. i feel much better :)

WUSOP'er, class of '08 here:
Its urine. The scariest part is that they send you to a local urgent care to do it... where the clientel and facilities are less than stellar.

Not really on topic, but while I have all you WUSOPs here... how do you like it? I am moving to NC on friday and am starting to get really nervous. What do you think about the program. Again, sorry for being off-topic.

I just moved here last Friday, and it is a lot hotter and more humid than I thought it would be.

Have a safe trip!

I absolutely love WUSOP. The program is intense but the integrated curriculum is so much better than taking repetitious A&P and biochem courses.

And yes, its HOT here... dress accordingly. There's no telling how the AC'll be behaving during orientation.

Any questions, feel free to PM!