Wingate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

97obw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone at, or been to wingate university??? from what ive experienced so far it being a smaller school has not been an advantage!, my friends at sc who are also in a prepharm program there dont know half as much as i currently do, but im currently failing calc. and chem...avg chem101 1st test score is a 61...it just seems unfair....my rant

Members don't see this ad.

I know what you mean. Sometimes life isn't fair. I'd be willing to try to help with calculus and chemistry. I did well in both of those classes (A's in both) - although it was a while ago. Things typically come back to me rather quickly. PM me if you're interested in help. =)

Study harder, Stop partying on weekends. Take advantage of group study sessions, talking to prof, etc. Don't just memorize the material, understand it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed and was accepted at Wingate. Dean Supernaw is a down-to-earth guy who really has a good handle on his innovative and different curricula. You should talk to him about the pharmacy program there if you haven't already.

anyone know when wingate starts interviewing? my apps been complete there for a while...

i'm debating whether I should even apply to Wingate seeing that their pharmacy school is young. But It would be pretty convenient for me since I live in Charlotte.

its one of the harder ones to get into from what i believe, avg gpa is a 3.9 or sumtin, a 3.5 from wingate pre-pharm is guaranteed an interview

its one of the harder ones to get into from what i believe, avg gpa is a 3.9 or sumtin, a 3.5 from wingate pre-pharm is guaranteed an interview

I highly doubt that as I got in with a 3.4.;) Perhaps they really wanted a Nebraskan for demographic purposes.:D

nice!, idk then they are prob trying to scare/push the pre pharmers as hard as they can...doesnt campbell have an avg of like 2.8? or somewhere below 3~ rumor i heard

i go to campbell and no our avg. is not 2.8..... the pharmacy school told me that they are anticipating an avg. gpa of around 3.65 this year. competition is getting fierce!

Wingate was :cool:. I got an interview and accepted a couple years ago. It was a group interview and consisted of a group project, personal essay and 3 separate 1 on 1 interviews with different professors. It was pretty crazy but they get a decent impression of you by the end of the day. I think my group project consisted of the ethics of dispensing the abortion pill... yeah that was a bit intimidating.

damn..i didnt know interviews were set up like this...

Members don't see this ad :)
damn..i didnt know interviews were set up like this...

My group interview topic wasn't as controversial as my group had to discuss how to deal with a patient being a little pissed that her meds went up despite using the same pharmacy for a long time.

A group interview is a good way to see how you work in a group. Strangely though, the adcoms only evaluate you after deliberations and not during them.

I interviewed and was accepted at Wingate. Dean Supernaw is a down-to-earth guy who really has a good handle on his innovative and different curricula. You should talk to him about the pharmacy program there if you haven't already.

I can't remember and know you've stated it before but which program did you end up in?

I like Wingate and applied there as well... I pretty much applied to all VA, NC, SC schools plus a few extra here and there. Really trying to get back home to the south. I think they have an interesting program and quite different from most schools... Do you have any more insight about this program? Why did you decide not to go there?

Omnione is currently at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska

Does anyone know if they offer on-campus student housing for pharmacy students?

i don't know but i'm sure the school will help you find a place and roommates.

Talking to students during my interview there (it was a school day), they said that most get apartments in either Wingate or nearby Monroe, NC.

I interviewed and was accepted there last year. I've said this in numerous threads already, but Wingate was one of the best places I've seen. True, the school is smaller and fairly new but of all my interviews, Wingate was the nicest and friendliest. Plus it's pretty there and the weather is awesome! They really wanted to get to know YOU as a person. I had an interview w/ 3 faculty members, one in a group (with the abortion pill as our discussion as well), and one one-on-one I think.

I had asked around about housing as well; there is on campus housing, but most of the undergrads live there. A lot of students live in Monroe because it's more suburb like (with the Target and Giants close by). The area around Wingate is more green grass lol. But don't worry, they give you a log in and password to go into their website and you can find housing there.

They did offer on-campus student housing for pharm students this year, but, from what I have heard from current residents, the University is not renewing their leases for next year because they will be needing that housing for undergrads.

There are many reasonably priced housing options in the area (I pay $500 for a 2/2 duplex that is 10 minutes walking distance from school). I lived in Monroe last year, but decided that I would like to live closer to school. Many students live farther away as well (such as Indian Trail, Matthews, Charlotte).

The student discussion board (you will get a log on once you are accepted) is a very easy way to find housing. The University does not help you find housing or roommates, but they do allow homeowners, etc, in the community to post housing ads for students. It's a good place to find good deals on housing.

Anyway, good luck.

I'm in my 2nd year of pharmacy school at Wingate, and I really like it. It can be hard at times, but I feel like I'm learning a lot. I think we have a really good program, and our preceptors think our students are awesome. If anyone needs to know anything about the school just send me a message.

Robinbird, is the school of pharmacy located with the undergrad buildings or is it far from it.

Hi, Is there anyone who heard about the interview results of the Jan 25th, 2008?

Hi,

They just called me for an interview. :D I am a feeling like a firecracker right now jumping from one direction to another. I was looking for airports and the closest one is Charlotte. Right? I live in Tallahassee, Fl. My interview is next week and it's 8 hours away from here. I am 24 so the car rental is going to be painfully expensive. Also, does anyone have hotel recommendations.

The cheapest hotel is Knights Inn at Monroe and the college is almost 5 - 10 minutes drive. Goodluck.

I got an interview.....whoot whoot:D Feb 29th baby

Hi UNCC715,

Good luck.

I am nervous about the essay. I am not good at writing when I am on the spotlight. My mind totally goes blank. What kind of topics should be prepared for during the interview? Thanks.

For the lucky ones of you that have been accepted already congrats. How long after your interview did you hear the results and was it by email or snailmail?

Each year Wingate changes up the interview process a little. I interviewed last year and there was no writing involved. My interview schedule was:
1. Meet with Dean Supernaw
2. Broke up into Two main groups...we'll call them A, and B
3a. Group A (my group) stayed and worked on a group exercise (60min)
3b. Group B further divided into B1 and B2
3b1. B1 went into interview sessions. 2 professors with 1 applicant (30min)
3b2. B2 took a tour of the school of pharmacy (30min)
4a. Group A is still in the group exercise session
4b1. Group B1 goes on the tour
4b2. Has their interviews
5a. Group A is subdivided and begins the interview/tour cycle
5b. Group B comes back together to do the group work
That was it. Understanding the schedule gets you extra points during the interview process (j/k).

With regards to the notification process...as I understand it, applicants are placed into three categories ON THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW, by a committee that evaluates the applicants (after the interview). Some go into what we'll call the "Yes" pile, others in the "No," and finally the "Wait-list" pile.

Those in the "Yes" group are sent a letter in the mail that should arrive w/in the week. You will have about two weeks to think about your acceptance, at which time a deposit of 2000 will be required to reserve your spot.

Meanwhile, a mass list of the waitlisted group is compiled from all the interview weeks. As people decline, a letter goes out to the first person on the waitlist. As more and more people decline, more and more people are transfered from the waitlist to the yes group, and receive their letters.

Sorry if that confused everyone, but understanding this is quite easy compared to what you'll get in class. Good news is, current students are here to help. :) Best of luck to you all, and welcome to Wingate (pronounced WIN-get).

:)I plan to attend Wingate this Fall. I got my acceptance letter today and I am so happy because Wingate was my top three choice. The curriculum is exactly what I was looking for in a school.

Does anyone have the March 14th interview date?

Does anyone know how many more seats are available. Last I heard there were like 14. Anyone know about upcoming interviews...?

Does anyone know how many more seats are available. Last I heard there were like 14. Anyone know about upcoming interviews...?

im still waiting for rejection or an interview.. :sleep: