This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juniorchemstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Considering applying early decision to one of these schools but cant really decide which one. i like the area around both schools and all the admission reps i have talked to from both have been really nice and helpful. Shenandoah is about 2 hours from my house while Wingate is about 6 i don't mind the distance honestly and i feel like id like life in NC. If anyone has an opinion or any information about either please feel free to comment and help me out.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I like Wingate because it has that suburb feel but is not too busy. Monroe is pretty close and Charlotte is as well, so lots to do. Not a terrible lot of stuff in the town of Wingate, but it will get you by, and Monroe and Marshville are essentially a stone's throw away anyhow. What I really liked about WUSOP is that there is a decent amount of practice experience starting in the P1 year, which some programs don't do. Not sure if you saw but the Facilities at Wingate are very nice as well. I toured a few of their classrooms as well as the compounding lab and everything is very "up to date" if that makes any sense, lol. I wish I could say more, but that's really all I can think of now. Best of luck whichever you choose!

You're in good shape if you can secure federal loan money to pay for school.