Program-Specific Info / Q's Winston Salem State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was rejected but I have been accepted into other programs. It still isn't fun being rejected though lol

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have a rough idea how many people are approximately on the waitlist? I know they won't give us the order and WSSU is my top choice and I know they said we "should" know by the end of March however I have to let my second choice know by March 31st, and it is making me nervous.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also waiting to hear about getting off the waitlist. WSSU is my number one as well and I'm waiting as long as it takes! I have a large deposit due Monday and I will probably have to pay it and then forfeit it if I hear from WSSU after that date.

For people who were rejected, I was rejected as well. I have been accepted into other programs and waitlisted at MUSC (top 20 in the country) along with ECU. Don't let one school discourage you!!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning so I will be attending WSSU in the fall! Would love to connect with others who are attending as well! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off of the waitlist this morning so I will be attending WSSU in the fall! Would love to connect with others who are attending as well! :)
Congrats! WSSU is my top pick, but unfortunately, I was waitlisted. Hoping my name gets pulled off the list. If it does, then I will be seeing you this fall! Congratulations- I am sure that email made your day!

Congrats! WSSU is my top pick, but unfortunately, I was waitlisted. Hoping my name gets pulled off the list. If it does, then I will be seeing you this fall! Congratulations- I am sure that email made your day!
It did and definitely don't lose hope! The waitlist is not a death sentence, you could get pulled off any day!

I got accepted this morning from the wait list and would love to talk to some current OT students from WSSU/students attending in the fall!!

For those of you who were accepted, or waitlisted and pulled from the list, how long do you have to let them know your decision? My deposit for my second choice is due March 31st, but WSSU is my top choice and I was wondering what date they gave you all?

For those of you who were accepted, or waitlisted and pulled from the list, how long do you have to let them know your decision? My deposit for my second choice is due March 31st, but WSSU is my top choice and I was wondering what date they gave you all?
They give you 10 business days, so two weeks

Has anybody else heard from WSSU that they are off of the waitlist?
I have not heard. I am going to call Monday because I have a large deposit due Friday for my second pick, and want to see if they will hint that maybe I should hold off a little longer or just go ahead and pay that other deposit.

I have not heard. I am going to call Monday because I have a large deposit due Friday for my second pick, and want to see if they will hint that maybe I should hold off a little longer or just go ahead and pay that other deposit.

Did they hint any details about the waitlist or give any advice on what you should do about the deposit?

Just got an email saying that they have filled all 28 seats and "if by chance we have someone drop out, we may be in contact with you at that time but that is not anticipated." :( Hope that helps anyone- I figured they sent that email to everyone!

Did anyone else get super excited when they emailed out our class schedule for our very first semester?? :love:I spoke with someone about connecting all of us so we can find roommates and she mentioned they typically make a Google Doc with contact info. I was thinking about making a Facebook Group once that list is sent out, what do you guys think?

I am so excited and really looking forward to connecting with everyone! :) Do we know when we will get everyone's contact info? I am super thankful that we received the information today because I was starting to wonder when we would hear!

I am so excited and really looking forward to connecting with everyone! :) Do we know when we will get everyone's contact info? I am super thankful that we received the information today because I was starting to wonder when we would hear!
She did not mention when that will be sent out but once we receive it, I'll try to start adding people!

Did anyone else get super excited when they emailed out our class schedule for our very first semester?? :love:I spoke with someone about connecting all of us so we can find roommates and she mentioned they typically make a Google Doc with contact info. I was thinking about making a Facebook Group once that list is sent out, what do you guys think?
Yes!! I was so excited too. Making a facebook page is a great idea.

Just wanted those of you on the waitlist to know I declined my acceptance for a school closer to home, so another spot will be opening up for WSSU