Winter Classes Allowable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dirtyart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking a speech class at a county college in between the fall and spring semester. Do schools have a policy against winter courses since they only meet for ~3 weeks?

I know when I was transferring to Rutgers they had a policy of not accepting certain classes that did not meet for 4+ weeks or did not meet at all.

Members don't see this ad.

dirtyart said:
I was thinking about taking a speech class at a county college in between the fall and spring semester. Do schools have a policy against winter courses since they only meet for ~3 weeks?

I know when I was transferring to Rutgers they had a policy of not accepting certain classes that did not meet for 4+ weeks or did not meet at all.

I think you should be fine. I also took a speech class at a community college during the Winter session. It's not one of those major science classes so it shouldn't be a problem.

Ask the schools you're applying to - to make sure. Rutgers is strict on 5 weeks classes. Maybe try taking it in the summer?