Winter Classes Allowable?

Started by dirtyart
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dirtyart

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking about taking a speech class at a county college in between the fall and spring semester. Do schools have a policy against winter courses since they only meet for ~3 weeks?

I know when I was transferring to Rutgers they had a policy of not accepting certain classes that did not meet for 4+ weeks or did not meet at all.
 
dirtyart said:
I was thinking about taking a speech class at a county college in between the fall and spring semester. Do schools have a policy against winter courses since they only meet for ~3 weeks?

I know when I was transferring to Rutgers they had a policy of not accepting certain classes that did not meet for 4+ weeks or did not meet at all.

I think you should be fine. I also took a speech class at a community college during the Winter session. It's not one of those major science classes so it shouldn't be a problem.
 
Ask the schools you're applying to - to make sure. Rutgers is strict on 5 weeks classes. Maybe try taking it in the summer?