Wired or wireless light?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothFairyDDS11

Reaction score
Do you recommend getting a wired or wireless loupe light?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t have wireless but I’d imagine they’re heavy and uncomfortable in the long run. The wire ain’t that big a deal

I know one person in our class who has wireless. He says it’s pretty balanced and hasn’t complained about them yet. They do look very bulky though. I have the light from lumadent that goes on the shoulder and I like that a lot

Members don't see this ad :)
There is literally a same topic thread a few topics down.

Copy/paste:

Cordless has its merits. So does wired.

When I was in dental school, I swore I would get a cordless light when I graduate. In school, you often take off your loupes so yes, cordless light would be more convenient.

Now that I've graduated and see pt constantly throughout the day, wired is certainly better. MUCH brighter lights, I don't have to turn off the light for 8 hours and still have charge, and the wire doesn't really bother me once I set it up well in the morning. I can't imagine having to stop working and switch batteries 2 or 3 times a day. Some of them even 4 times! (Given 8 hour work day)

Wireless IS indeed heavier. Imagine that on top of heavier loupes, like eyezoom.

I use the orascoptic lights.

I did try the spark. It does add weight to the loupes and certainly convenient as wireless. Ask yourself if the light intensity and battery life are worth sacrificing for going wireless. You will need multiple battery packs to use while others are charging.

wireless is nice overall, but the batteries usually will need a change within 1 1/2 or so of constant usage, also check how long the high-intensity light lasts before you get to switch it.

I use the orascoptic dragon fly with the eyezoom where I can choose from 3X, 4X and 5X on the spot, they are very well balanced and comfortable, I use them all day and they don't bother me at all. Batteries also lasts a decent amount of time.

wireless is nice overall, but the batteries usually will need a change within 1 1/2 or so of constant usage, also check how long the high-intensity light lasts before you get to switch it.
I go pretty much all day without needing to charge my batteries, plus orascoptic sent in the box 3 pairs of batteries.

There is literally a same topic thread a few topics down.

Copy/paste:

Cordless has its merits. So does wired.

When I was in dental school, I swore I would get a cordless light when I graduate. In school, you often take off your loupes so yes, cordless light would be more convenient.

Now that I've graduated and see pt constantly throughout the day, wired is certainly better. MUCH brighter lights, I don't have to turn off the light for 8 hours and still have charge, and the wire doesn't really bother me once I set it up well in the morning. I can't imagine having to stop working and switch batteries 2 or 3 times a day. Some of them even 4 times! (Given 8 hour work day)

Wireless IS indeed heavier. Imagine that on top of heavier loupes, like eyezoom.

I use the orascoptic lights.

I did try the spark. It does add weight to the loupes and certainly convenient as wireless. Ask yourself if the light intensity and battery life are worth sacrificing for going wireless. You will need multiple battery packs to use while others are charging.
Eyezoom on a dragonfly frame is very well balanced and doesn't bother me at all, some people use the strap but I don't feel the need for it. Batteries will also last you all day.

Eyezoom on a dragonfly frame is very well balanced and doesn't bother me at all, some people use the strap but I don't feel the need for it. Batteries will also last you all day.

Good, I'm glad it works for you.

The dragonfly does not fit my head. It is certainly not for everyone. It is also bulky on the side: it was very uncomfortable for me.

A set of batteries will last you about 3 hours and that's at a lower intensity than the wired. Plus the hassle of switching, ugh. I don't even turn off my lights through the day and it still lasts all day haha

Reactions: 1 user