General Admissions & OTCAS Wisconsin Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wiscOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from any of the Wisconsin OT schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my applications not too long ago to Madison and Milwaukee but have not heard anything back, not even a notice that my applications were received. I have applied before and you typically don't hear anything until February.

Just got accepted into Carroll University's program!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted into Carroll University's program!
Me too! Do you think you are going to accept? Im going to see the campus and everything January 27th!

Me too! Do you think you are going to accept? Im going to see the campus and everything January 27th!
I am going to accept. I actually visited a few weeks ago and talked with Cindy Holahan and was incredibly impressed. The down payment is steep but I definitely want Carroll as an option! I hope your visit makes the decision easier for you too.

I am going to accept. I actually visited a few weeks ago and talked with Cindy Holahan and was incredibly impressed. The down payment is steep but I definitely want Carroll as an option! I hope your visit makes the decision easier for you too.
Thats great! Congrats! Im looking forward to visiting!

Was just accepted into UW-Madison's program! Heard via email and on the graduate student portal.

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't mind me asking, when did you hear from Madison? I thought they usually didn't send anything out until late January?

I found out via email!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I did as well! Is it your first choice?
It is not my first choice for a few reasons, mostly because I am looking for a change in scenery after completing undergrad there. Definitely most prestigious of the programs I applied to but hoping for UW-Milwaukee.

does anyone know the acceptance rate for Carroll or Concordia?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know the acceptance rate for Carroll or Concordia?
Concordia I'm not sure. But Carroll got around 260 applicants for 30 spots if that helps. Concordia will release early admission starting in April and I don't really know much about them.

Anyone hear anything from Madison or Milwaukee? I haven’t heard a word. Also, is it true that they’re misting admitting in state? I’m an Illinois resident

Got accepted to UW-Milwaukee a couple days ago (2/12)! Likely wont be going there but wanted to share with you guys. Anybody else?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone ever receive an email from Milwaukee saying their application was received and is being processed? I haven't gotten a thing!! Not even a notice that they have my application

Did anyone ever receive an email from Milwaukee saying their application was received and is being processed? I haven't gotten a thing!! Not even a notice that they have my application
I never received a confirmation email of any sort, so I emailed them in October just to confirm that all of my materials were received and I got a reply saying they don't send out any sort of confirmation email!! Nervously waiting at this point...

I never received a confirmation email of any sort, so I emailed them in October just to confirm that all of my materials were received and I got a reply saying they don't send out any sort of confirmation email!! Nervously waiting at this point...
Okay phew! I was freaking out for a second.

Those accepted to Madison already, did they set a deadline to accept or deny the offer?

Those accepted to Madison already, did they set a deadline to accept or deny the offer?
I was accepted on January 16 and had to make a decision by February 6. I accepted my offer, and was not required to put down any sort of down payment.

I just got an email this morning saying I'm on the wait list for UW-Madison and the email says I could be notified as late as May about a final decision. I'm probably going to end up turning them down in favor of my other top choice school since I just don't think I can keep waiting! It stinks since UW was the only in-state school I applied to, so I'm disappointed to lose out on staying in Wisconsin (and paying in state tuition).

Good luck to everyone else!

Regarding Milwaukee: First round of acceptances in my class was in April.

Someone on here said they already got into Milwaukee back in February, it seems strange that no one else is saying they have heard anything, I feel like they would have sent out more responses by now

Haven’t heard anything at all from Milwaukee until I asked for confirmation that my application & materials were received. They never sent out a universal confirmation for that. They confirmed that I was in the application pool on 2/15.

Anyone hear from Milwaukee lately? I know they’ve sent out some responses but I’m not sure how many

Anyone going to University of Wisconsin - La Crosse?

Is anyone giving up their at Carroll or is seeing movement from the waitlist?

Also, does anyone know the size of their list?

Is anyone giving up their at Carroll or is seeing movement from the waitlist?

Also, does anyone know the size of their list?
I gave up my seat at Carroll on Thursday or Friday of last week!

Nope, I also turned my spot down there last week Thursday or Friday. I will officially be attending UW-Milwaukee.
Do you know anything about the accepted class so far at Milwaukee?

Do you know anything about the accepted class so far at Milwaukee?
I'm not sure what you mean - I know that they've started to pull people off of their 'primary waitlist', and that there is another general waitlist which is still being decided. There hasn't been any information about other people who have accepted at Milwaukee, though, at this point!

I'm not sure what you mean - I know that they've started to pull people off of their 'primary waitlist', and that there is another general waitlist which is still being decided. There hasn't been any information about other people who have accepted at Milwaukee, though, at this point!
They’re pulling people from the waitlist already, meaning those not yet notified of anything are just what? Rejected?

They’re pulling people from the waitlist already, meaning those not yet notified of anything are just what? Rejected?
There are two waitlists. I know that individuals on the 'primary waitlist' have been notified and there are 30 or so spots on that. The general waitlist, which is larger I'd assume, is not complete and you may not have been notified because of this. I am not affiliated whatsoever with the school so this is just what I've gathered in conversation with staff at UW Milwaukee and others at my University who have been accepted off the waitlist

There are two waitlists. I know that individuals on the 'primary waitlist' have been notified and there are 30 or so spots on that. The general waitlist, which is larger I'd assume, is not complete and you may not have been notified because of this. I am not affiliated whatsoever with the school so this is just what I've gathered in conversation with staff at UW Milwaukee and others at my University who have been accepted off the waitlist
I’m just asking because i haven’t heard from Milwaukee at all. No rejection, acceptance, waitlist nothing. So I’m just confused on how they are pulling from a waitlist when decisions weren’t all sent out yet? That’s all.

Were you pulled off the primary waitlist then? Just trying to understand. Do you know of people on that waitlist? Are any people you know committing to Milwaukee? Just not sure how many people are fully committed and what my chances are. I had a friend who was accepted into Milwaukee last year off the waitlist but she was notified of the waitlist in late April.

Were you pulled off the primary waitlist then? Just trying to understand. Do you know of people on that waitlist? Are any people you know committing to Milwaukee? Just not sure how many people are fully committed and what my chances are. I had a friend who was accepted into Milwaukee last year off the waitlist but she was notified of the waitlist in late April.
I know of one person who was placed on this waitlist and they are not committing to Milwaukee. I know that she only had 24 hours to make a decision, so I can imagine that the timeframe limits a lot of people from fully committing to the school.

I received an e-mail on 3/20 saying that I am on the primary waitlist for Milwaukee and like WiscOT said, there are 30 people on this list and they have not yet finished making the regular wait list. They made me respond within 2 weeks to accept my placement on the primary wait list so hopefully some people did not accept and it increases both of our chances of getting in. I really hope that I get in and good luck to you!!!

I received an e-mail on 3/20 saying that I am on the primary waitlist for Milwaukee and like WiscOT said, there are 30 people on this list and they have not yet finished making the regular wait list. They made me respond within 2 weeks to accept my placement on the primary wait list so hopefully some people did not accept and it increases both of our chances of getting in. I really hope that I get in and good luck to you!!!
Ok! Thanks for the info. Hopefully some people deny the primary waitlist and then others can get on that. I was on a secondary waitlist last year, so I hope I’m in a better position this year.

Does anyone know how often they go through the entire primary waitlist or have heard of anyone getting pulled off of the regular waitlist for Milwaukee or really any school? Like is it common that most spots are filled by people on the waitlist? I just want to see what my chances are of actually getting accepted!

Seems frequent? Depends on who declines and how soon. Some people in my class accepted spots in the summer.

Has anyone still not heard anything from Milwaukee? I haven’t gotten anything yet

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist at UW-Madison?

Has anyone else still not heard a thing from Milwaukee??