1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

With Advanced Standing Program, can we practice in all states?

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by evaluna1847, Dec 12, 2005.

1. evaluna1847

evaluna1847 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi all!

I have some doubts about the Advanced Standing Program. As a dental graduate of unaccredited dental school, which is foreign dental school, I am applying to dental schools wich have the advanced standing program for foreign dentists. Some offer 2 years programs while others 3 years. But on the brochure from the ADA it says that 29 states require graduation from accredited or board-approved 4 years dental program and only 19 states will accept a 2 years program. That means for example: if I graduate from the university of Pennsylvania I can not practice in Pennsylvania because they require graduation from 4 years dental program? Pennsylvania offers 2 years advanced standing program.

Please if someone could clarify my doubts I will appreciate in advance!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Meggs

7+ Year Member

Short answer: Yes, with adv. standing you can practice in every state.

Long answer: Run some searches and read a few more dozen threads. Or read FAQ thread.

Good luck :luck:

4. evaluna1847

evaluna1847 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks you so much, Megg!!

Good luck to you also!!