With no calculators allowed for MCAT, how am I supposed to calculate trig angles etc...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'm studying from the latest edition of Kaplan's and I'm at the chapter for light which involves a lot of trig such as inverses of tan, sin etc...

For the physics section in general, how am I supposed to do any kind of trigonometry calculations without a calculator?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm studying from the latest edition of Kaplan's and I'm at the chapter for light which involves a lot of trig such as inverses of tan, sin etc...

For the physics section in general, how am I supposed to do any kind of trigonometry calculations without a calculator?

You will probably be fine anyways...but if you really want to make sure all your bases are covered then Memorize the important figures like sin/cos/tan of 45, 30, 90, 180 and 60...they won't make you do crazy stuff like the sin (6) or anything

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Most questions on mcat are pretty simple concepts and all calculations that will show up are simple too. Don't get too caught up in all that calculation-heavy stuff

On my 8th practice test, have had to use anything related to trig 1-2 times per test at most. Always basic stuff like sin90.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a quick tip: First look at the answer choices, the more "loose" they are the more you can round and take shortcuts. The more "tighter" they are, you're gonna have to be a bit more conservative with your rounding.