With no GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thoughter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances to get medical school with out school GPA, but with high Mcat scor like PS 12,BS 10, VR 14, Eassay 8 ?

Members don't see this ad.

What are my chances to get into medical school without a school GPA, but with a high MCAT score like 12/14/10/P)?

I took the liberty of making your question legible. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Why would you not have a GPA on your application? I think a great MCAT score would validate your undergraduate education, but it might be a problem. While we're talking about MCAT scores, 12/14/10 would be great, but something like 13/10/13 would be better.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the liberty of making your question legible. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. Why would you not have a GPA on your application? I think a great MCAT score would validate your undergraduate education, but it might be a problem. While we're talking about MCAT scores, 12/14/10 would be great, but something like 13/10/13 would be better.

I dunno if a great MCAT will validate a low GPA, or especially no GPA. I'm an engineer, got a 36R (13P/12V/11B), and the schools just aren't cutting me any slack. Maybe if I did slightly better in biological, I dunno.

Point is, I think you need a GPA. If there is some strange circumstance, check with the schools directly.

I dunno if a great MCAT will validate a low GPA, or especially no GPA. I'm an engineer, got a 36R (13P/12V/11B), and the schools just aren't cutting me any slack. Maybe if I did slightly better in biological, I dunno.

Point is, I think you need a GPA. If there is some strange circumstance, check with the schools directly.

All I was saying is if you have NO GPA, then you may get by with a monster MCAT score because, statistically, people with stellar MCAT scores are more likely to have been students with high GPAs. Unless they are engineers :p

I don't understand what you mean by "No GPA". I think you'd need to explain that before people can really help you.