MD WAMC with low GPA (3.6/514)

Started by kediler
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kediler

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bio major, philosophy minor, ORM asian female VA resident
cGPA: 3.64
sGPA: 3.54, non-science: 3.77
MCAT: 514 (125/129/129/131)
Clinical hours: 1300 medical asst., 100 volunteering
Non-clinical volunteering: 300, food pantry (supervisor, leadership)
Shadowing: 50
Research: 2000 hours in various labs since freshman yr of college, 1 publication and 3 presentations, 1 more publication and 1 presentation on the way

My biggest red flag is my GPA. I transferred universities after sophomore year. I had a 4.0 at my first college and 3.3 at my second one. I got Cs in 3 upper-level biology classes and in organic chemistry 2. I have taken a few post-bac classes in upper-level bio and plan to retake organic chemistry 2 this spring. (Gotten As so far)

Is this completely ruining my chances of getting into medical school? I can't afford an SMP or more than 2 semesters of post-bac as a non-degree student. I just don't know what to do and would appreciate advice. Thanks
 
Your GPA is not low. I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Methodist
Wake Forest
Belmont
NOVA MD
Alice Walton
Tulane
TCU
Roseman
Creighton
St. Louis
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Western Michigan
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
 
Your GPA is not low. I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Methodist
Wake Forest
Belmont
NOVA MD
Alice Walton
Tulane
TCU
Roseman
Creighton
St. Louis
Ponce (St. Louis)
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Western Michigan
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Hackensack
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
thank you for the reply and school list, i'll cross ref with my own and add some of these schools. yeah i guess i should say with 4 Cs/sorta downward trend rather than low GPA. just worried this glaring thing is gonna be a problem