withdraw date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS requires all applicants with more than one acceptance to withdraw from all schools except one by May 15th.
What about AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS requires all applicants with more than one acceptance to withdraw from all schools except one by May 15th.
What about AACOMAS?

You have nothing to worry, seeing how you have no acceptances to mull over.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have nothing to worry, seeing how you have no acceptances to mull over.

the reason why i want to know is because i am waitlisted at a DO school ans was wondering when the movement will start.

the reason why i want to know is because i am waitlisted at a DO school ans was wondering when the movement will start.
It has already started at many schools. The only one that I'm aware of that hasn't moved (much) is UMDNJ.

you could call the school and ask Guju. I think each school is different becuz for DO, IMO , the non-refundable deposit date is the date for waitlist movement to start. Most student would not want to pay that huge amount if knowing they might not go there.

From the schools at which I have interviewed (Western COMP, ATSU-SOMA, and Touro-Nevada), there has been evidence of waitlist movement, which has been explained on orientation day. To wit, if a group of acceptees decides not to pay the deposit by the appropriate date, or if they turn down the acceptance, waitlisters can then be offered positions...or the positions may remain unfilled and available to the next group of interviewees. My own case is an extreme example - I was waitlisted at ATSU, then a week later (i.e., after the very next AdCom meeting), I was accepted. I actually received notification of my acceptance via phone before my waitlist letter actually arrived at my house. There also has already been movement at Western (as evidenced on SDN), though I was told that at Touro-NV that their significant waitlist movement will occur in May.

Given this information, though, I have come to believe that waitlist movement is significantly influenced by deposit deadline dates, as opposed to a concrete deadline of May 15. Hope this helps!

you could call the school and ask Guju. I think each school is different becuz for DO, IMO , the non-refundable deposit date is the date for waitlist movement to start. Most student would not want to pay that huge amount if knowing they might not go there.

Then there are the people like me, who keep paying deposits to hold their place, because they just can't decide where to go.....:oops:

Then there are the people like me, who keep paying deposits to hold their place, because they just can't decide where to go.....:oops:

BURN. :laugh: :smuggrin:

Hey, it is your life. I know we see threads of people who get so mad towards people like you, but I understand both sides! Waitlist absolutely sucks

Hey, if you can afford it, you have every right to do so. D.O. schools probably use these deposits as a deterrent to holding multiple acceptances and/or "the M.D. backup treatment," but if you're still deciding, then that's up to you. However, if I can convince you to drop, say, Western, or Touro-NV...

Hey, it is your life. I know we see threads of people who get so mad towards people like you, but I understand both sides! Waitlist absolutely sucks

Trust me, it wasn't my intention to be this unsure of where I want to go. Partly I was hoping one school would offer me a scholarship...

Last year, I hated people who did this. Couldn't relate. "How could someone not be able to choose a school?!" thought I, outraged...

You know, some choices just aren't that cut & dried. Especially when a person isn't so in love with one over the other, one isn't a lot cheaper, one isn't a lot closer to home....whatever. It isn't easy for some people to choose between the school they really like, and the school that just makes more sense.

Trust me, it wasn't my intention to be this unsure of where I want to go. Partly I was hoping one school would offer me a scholarship...

Last year, I hated people who did this. Couldn't relate. "How could someone not be able to choose a school?!" thought I, outraged...

You know, some choices just aren't that cut & dried. Especially when a person isn't so in love with one over the other, one isn't a lot cheaper, one isn't a lot closer to home....whatever. It isn't easy for some people to choose between the school they really like, and the school that just makes more sense.

My post and froggie's don't relate.

I'm predicting that people who have MD and DO acceptances and if they choose MD by May 15, then there will be more DO spots.

cuz you're rich ortho and doesn't know where to spend your money hihi..i wish you would come to DMU so I can borrow some :D

I'm predicting that people who have MD and DO acceptances and if they choose MD by May 15, then there will be more DO spots.

Most likely. It's definitely going to be an interesting late May / early June. Good luck to you. :)
(I'll get my microphone ready.)