Withdraw from schools before orientation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I have a question. On the AMCAS website it says that students are required to withdraw from all other schools once they start an orientation or classes. Does this include an optional lab rotation before the start of classes? I talked to the Jefferson admissions people and they couldn't be sure that they would have made their decisions by May 15th. I finish school here on the 4th and am planning on immediately moving and starting my lab rotation. Do I need to tell Jefferson that I have to pick before then? Or can I go through the lab rotation elsewhere and then go to Jefferson if I get in after I start the rotation?

I am really starting to hate this whole process....

Members don't see this ad.

mdpdgirl said:
I have a question. On the AMCAS website it says that students are required to withdraw from all other schools once they start an orientation or classes. Does this include an optional lab rotation before the start of classes? I talked to the Jefferson admissions people and they couldn't be sure that they would have made their decisions by May 15th. I finish school here on the 4th and am planning on immediately moving and starting my lab rotation. Do I need to tell Jefferson that I have to pick before then? Or can I go through the lab rotation elsewhere and then go to Jefferson if I get in after I start the rotation?

I am really starting to hate this whole process....

I know schools will use early lab rotations as an excuse to bump their deadline up to April 15, so my guess is that you would be required to withdraw. But what's the problem? If it's an optional rotation, take a little vacation while you wait instead of jumping right in.