"Withdraw" link in NRMP website - Still there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leukocyte

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDNers,

I have a simple question to those of you (IMGs, FMGs, non-US seniors) who participated in the 2012 Match this season:

1) If you log-in now onto the NRMP website, and press on the "Update Your Profile" link on the left side of the screen, do you still see the "Withdraw" button next to your name under Options?

2) Also if you log-in now onto the NRMP website, and press on the "Update Your Profile" link on the left side of the screen, what are the other links that you see next to your name under Options?

For me, the answer to question 1 is No, I do not see a "Withdraw" link next to my name after pressing the "Update Your Profile" link on the left side of the screen. I only see 2 links next to my name, a "View" link and a "Account History" link.

The reason I am asking is because I never had the "Withdraw" link next to my name, ever. Not now and not during the Match. I got a prematch offer, so I went to withdraw from the Match, but I could not find a withdraw link at that time. So I left my ROL blank, thinking this is how one withdraws from the Match. Now the NRMP is telling me that I should have withdrawn by pressing a specific "Withdraw" link, and not simply by leaving a blank ROL. So now the NRMP is looking into the issue, and I now lost my prematch position. But I am 100% positively sure that I did not see a "Withdraw" link anywhere. My mistake was that I should have asked when I did not see a "Withdraw" link at that time, but I did not know at that time that there supposed to be a "withdaw" link in the first place since I did not see one. So now I am dealing with the NRMP trying to convince them of what happened, and I lost my prematch position with no hope of finding another position now.

Thank you in-advance for answering my questions above.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't answer your question but I did want to say that I'm sorry to hear that things turned out this way for you. I know you've been trying to get out of FM and it must be really disappointing to lose your spot like that. I hope you are able to sort this out and get a spot that's just as good or better next time.

I just checked the NRMP Site and I couldn't find that option. I am a DO applicant who did match... So I am not sure if the option was removed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hi, I just checked the NRMP Site and I couldn't find that option either.
I am US IMG who did not match. However I distinctly remember before the Match day seeing "Withdraw" button somewhere in my NRMP folder. I do not remember where

Sorry, misread your question