withdrawal or C?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mun2513

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...

Im only a freshman..but I am concerned. It's just bugging me...
I took psychology this semester. it's a one semester course, 4 credit.
Ive worked hard...i mean really hard for this class
but his tests were just too hard for me..he gave just 2 tests over the semester and they were both 25 mutiple mutiple choice questions.
I just couldn't get over a 70...T^T
so im stuck with a C...I had the option to
withdrawal without penalty but not anymore.
Would it have been better to withdrawal?

Im just worried. It's frustrating that ive worked hard and
C is all ive got. If I had all As on other courses...I wouldn't have
minded..but I have 2 B and 2 A....
Ive read all other threads on C...but they were all Juniors and seniors who had 3.9 avg...
i can't gurantee that i will get all straight As for the next 3 years (ill work for it..)

To answer the question:
Ive doubled up on Chem and Bio...and Psych.
I also took health and 4 credit freshman seminar and I worked 10 hours..

His Psychology class incorporated physiology and biology...
Endocrinology...He taught way more than what normal Intrductory Psychology professors would teach.

These were all new materials...so I had hard time keeping up.
Ive studied my notes everyday. Ive had other friends help me review my notes...ive studied 2 weeks before the exam...

I have learned alot...it's just...it was hard..

Should I be this concerned....?

-depressed-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi...

Im only a freshman..but I am concerned.
I took psychology this semester. it's a one semester course, 4 credit.
Ive worked hard...i mean really hard for this class
but his tests were just too hard for me..he gave just 2 tests over the semester and they were both 25 mutiple mutiple choice questions.
I just couldn't get over a 70...T^T
so im stuck with a C...I had the option to
withdrawal without penalty but not anymore.
Would it have been better to withdrawal?

Im just worried. It's frustrating that ive worked hard and
C is all ive got. If I had all As on other courses...I wouldn't have
minded..but I have 2 B and 2 A....
and..i can't gurantee that i will get all straight As for the next 3 years...

Should I be this concerned....?

-depressed-

Personally I found psychology to be the easiest class but that's what makes people different. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and you should take a variety of classes to figure that out. I know you say you've worked hard but are you sure you have? Not to be offensive but when I was high school I never had to studied hard to do well so when I went to college I was blown away at first that my usual efforts weren't enough.

Also, what classes did you take along with it? You may have taken too hard of a courseload and psych suffered because of it.

For next time, meet with the professor early on and don't leave studying until the last minute. Classes like psychology are classes you can Ace as long as you study often and a lot.

I agree with staying in the class, you'll be able to repair your GPA with all of the time you have left. Withdrawal's are for quitters and if you end up with several on your transcript you're going to look like a person that runs from challenges.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive doubled up on Chem and Bio...and Psych.
I also took health and 4 credit freshman seminar and I worked 10 hours..

His Psychology class incorporated physiology and biology...
Endocrinology...He taught way more than what normal Intrductory Psychology professors would teach.

These were all new materials...so I had hard time keeping up.
Ive studied my notes everyday. Ive had other friends help me review my notes...ive studied 2 weeks before the exam...

I have learned alot...it's just...it was hard..

MY little brother's pediatrician got a D in physics and hey...she's a pediatrician now. I wouldn't stress too much about the C and just keep going!

Take the C. You can only play the "W" card a few times without it being held against you. I'd save it for a future class, like a difficult prerequisite that you will retake, or a D or an F in a general course. Psych is a prerequisite at very few med schools (just don't apply to UIC). You can balance the C with an A in something else.