spicyboi

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey everyone!

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions:

I'm applying 2018 cycle this year MD and DO. There a few schools I sent primary applications to, but have since changed my mind about applying there. This decision was based mostly on the financial burden the secondary apps have, and a recent decrease in my own financial capacity. How would I go about withdrawing my application? Is this a good idea?

gonnif

Only 512 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hey everyone!

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions:

I'm applying 2018 cycle this year MD and DO. There a few schools I sent primary applications to, but have since changed my mind about applying there. This decision was based mostly on the financial burden the secondary apps have, and a recent decrease in my own financial capacity. How would I go about withdrawing my application? Is this a good idea?
I think by not submitting the secondary that's as good as withdrawing?
1) Once an AMCAS application has been transmitted to a school, you are considered to have applied and will be a reapplicant to that school in the future, regardless of sending a secondary or not.
2) not sending a secondary will be effectively not completing an application and therefore withdrawing
3) You should contact the school or check their applicant portal on how to formally withdraw your application. You should do this so your file gets closed

Reactions: spicyboi