tdoan53

optometry...woohoo!
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hey guys....I'm currently taking biochem right now and my professor is a total nut...more than half the class failed the first test, including me....if i withdraw, would optometry schools hold that against me???ahhhhh:confused:

princesspinknes

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Hey guys....I'm currently taking biochem right now and my professor is a total nut...more than half the class failed the first test, including me....if i withdraw, would optometry schools hold that against me???ahhhhh:confused:
it really depends on how many withdrawals that you have on your record. i also withdrew from biochem (bc face it..its such a hard class) and not once was it mentioned in any of my interviews. however, i did retake the class and got an a, so maybe that has something to do with it..if you're really concerned though, you should email the schools you applied/got accepted to and tell them

hoosier1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
I personally think one W is fine but just don't withdrawal from classes more than once! Make sure you are on track with finishing the prereqs

About the Ads

odforme

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I was asked at one interview about a withdrawal...the funny part was that the class was Ballet. Obviously part of the core curriculum in Optometry! :) I'd forgotten I ever took it, so having to "explain" why I withdrew was pretty funny.
I think it is probably better to withdraw than fail the class, but assume they may ask you about it and maybe you should consider re-taking it just to be safe.

lucky112

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2006
East Bay, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
I agree, don't sweat it..I think 1 or 2 W's are fine. I would try to make sure you get at least a "B" however if I were to take the class over. Be prepared to explain about the W though, you'll never know! Gluck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.