withdrawing from a class....eek.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdoan53

optometry...woohoo!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys....I'm currently taking biochem right now and my professor is a total nut...more than half the class failed the first test, including me....if i withdraw, would optometry schools hold that against me???ahhhhh:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys....I'm currently taking biochem right now and my professor is a total nut...more than half the class failed the first test, including me....if i withdraw, would optometry schools hold that against me???ahhhhh:confused:
it really depends on how many withdrawals that you have on your record. i also withdrew from biochem (bc face it..its such a hard class) and not once was it mentioned in any of my interviews. however, i did retake the class and got an a, so maybe that has something to do with it..if you're really concerned though, you should email the schools you applied/got accepted to and tell them

I personally think one W is fine but just don't withdrawal from classes more than once! Make sure you are on track with finishing the prereqs

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asked at one interview about a withdrawal...the funny part was that the class was Ballet. Obviously part of the core curriculum in Optometry! :) I'd forgotten I ever took it, so having to "explain" why I withdrew was pretty funny.
I think it is probably better to withdraw than fail the class, but assume they may ask you about it and maybe you should consider re-taking it just to be safe.

I agree, don't sweat it..I think 1 or 2 W's are fine. I would try to make sure you get at least a "B" however if I were to take the class over. Be prepared to explain about the W though, you'll never know! Gluck!